canter rims

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Inquiring about tyres from "tyresforless2009," I have this reply.
looking through the MAXXIS book the 37x14.50-16 is 126L, 38.5x14.50-16 129L both tyres are CREEPY CRAWLERS
I have the 38" creepy crawlers on special for $500 each & the 37" are $550 each
ff3f80d4f590293a9a595a9c9564a381-main_image.jpg
I didn't enquire as to rim width needed.

Dan.

Amesz00

Adventurer
Aussie Iron
Inquiring about tyres from "tyresforless2009," I have this reply.

looking through the MAXXIS book the 37x14.50-16 is 126L, 38.5x14.50-16 129L both tyres are CREEPY CRAWLERS
I have the 38" creepy crawlers on special for $500 each & the 37" are $550 each

not trying to be rude here mate but have you ever seen a creepy crawler? the rubber compound is about as hard as your average jelly pudding... apparently they last around 5000km on a light 4x4... though would be great for offroad, rockcrawling etc :D
Andrew

Aussie Iron

Explorer
not trying to be rude here mate but have you ever seen a creepy crawler? the rubber compound is about as hard as your average jelly pudding... apparently they last around 5000km on a light 4x4... though would be great for offroad, rockcrawling etc :D
Andrew
You could be right, they were not what I was looking at but it was what they had.

Dan

alan

Explorer
I spoke to the national sales manager for TYRES 4U today he tells me they have eldorado tyres in stock 315-75-16 with a load rating of 127 the pattern looks very good for an allrounder trailcutter RT he quoted me $345 + tax each they have 30 in there brisbane warehouse and 8 in there perth warehouse, apparently eldorado tyres are made in the same factory as cooper tyres.

Thespoon

Observer
Canter Rims

G'day all......
very nice rims, Allen, would love to have some in 19,5", anything to reduce unsprung weight!!!!! The only thing I'm confused about your rims is are they actually made as duals but used as singles e.g. different track front and rear when bolted up? Or are they offset to be in line like ATW's 19,5' singles when fitted?
Regards
Adrian

alan

Explorer
Hi, they are made to be used as singles, same track front and back within a couple of mm's, I can get 19.5" wheels made not a problem but I prefer to stick with 16" the tyres are cheaper and easily available, they ride better than 19.5" rims and as you say a heap less unsprung weight which is good for handling.

Thespoon

Observer
Thanks Alan.....you anwered my question. I changed over to ATW 19,5 singles early last year and money (the lack of it) will keep me from changing now over to Alloys. BTW, love your workmanship on your rebuild!
Regards
Adrian

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Stu,

Remember that the SWC that ATW does is certified for a 6 tonne GVM. As far as I know, there is no tyre setup for 16" rims where this is legal here in Oz.
So, it's not just a simple case of steel or bling if max GVM is required.

Thespoon

Observer
Stu
I'm happy with what I've got. I have done about 30'000kms with my ATW 19,5 Singles, done a Cape York trip, a trip down the Strezelecki Track to the Flinders Ranges, then up the Highway and trough the Painted Desert, down the Oodnadatta Track and up the Birdsville Track. We just came back from 4 weeks in the Victorian Alps crossing, just as an example, from Matlock down to Walhalla, a track very narrow, steep and winding, full of potholes and washouts.
I do lower the tyre pressures when driving on unsealed roads for extended periods resulting in a somewhat softer ride. We tend to travel the backroads so come upon lots of gravel sections and the ride with 19,5 has much improved over the original wheels and in the sand it is a definite plus.
In regard to Tyre wear....they are down to about 60-70%.
The ride is still a bit harsh unless you lower the tyre pressures and as Alan says 16" wheels with big tyres will bulge out better but I,m on the shortlist (so ATW tells me) for Parabolics which should improve the ride even further.
I'm not sure 16" wheels will fit on a NPS?
Hope this helps
Adrian

alan

Explorer
Stu,

Remember that the SWC that ATW does is certified for a 6 tonne GVM. As far as I know, there is no tyre setup for 16" rims where this is legal here in Oz.
So, it's not just a simple case of steel or bling if max GVM is required.

most swb canters get derated so you can drive them on a car license GVM 4500KG, the alloy 16" rims also give you 1800kg per rim so all up a total of 7200kg.

bptp7270

Adventurer
I may have missed this detail further back, but when these trucks are derated to 4.5t to enable them to be driven on a car license, is each axle given a separate rating just as they are from the factory? Mine is rated at 6t and so I am restricted to the 19.5 wheels due to the 4.3t load rating on the rear axle and there are to my knowledge no 16in tyres rated to carry that load. I love the look of those alloys and there is a much better tread pattern selection in that size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78

Members online