CVT Group Buy!

mike r

Adventurer
yours is different to mine, mine has white plastic clips.
Yours also has the solid fabric at the bottom that mine doesnt

3d fj

Observer
I FINALLY got the tent on the truck. i have a few quick questions that i thought i'd ask now rather than wait to call bobby on tuesday. I have the Mt. Rainier

1. the arm support that supports the veranda... does that have to be removed when the tent is closed or can it be left in place and folded with everything?

2. (I left the instructions at my office) to attach the annex, the cover has to be removed from the sliding channel in order for the annex to slide in?

3. (I left the instructions at my office) The lower rungs of ladder must lock first before trying to lock the upper rungs.. correct?

I haven't even gone to the campsite yet and everyone that has walked or driven past my driveway while i was putting everything together asked me questions. interesting....

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
I'll try and help out.

Q1: On mine (Mnt Rainier) I have to remove the tube, in order to close the tent. I pull it out completely, and slide it inside the far door.
(so it doesn't slide when I close the tent)

Q2: Yes, I had to remove the travel cover in order to install the annex. *

Q3: I don't recall. (only got to use mine once so far) It's either the top, or the bottom.
I do know, the very top pieces, the ones that bolt to the mounts, have to be in the correct orientation in order to lock. If they are 180* out of phase, the top rung will not lock in place.

* With the annex on, you cannot fold the tent, at least not very far. My lid opens on my M416, and when I tried to access the trailer w/the annex on, I couldn't. Pic is of my old RTT, but shows how my lid opens.
Since the annex mounts to both halves of the RTT, you cannot do this without stressing the annex.

trailerCJ009.jpg

I'm not worried, because I'll be reconfiguring my set up, to get the tent higher, so I can use the annex to it's full potential.

Hope this helps!

HB

ColoDisco

Explorer
Q1. I removed it and after collapsing the tent I slid it in on top of the lower base with the hoop end facing out so I can grab it before deploying the tent.

Q3. I think it depends on the ladder. I have the multi-lock cylinder type ladder. I had to set up my tent then measure and mark where it should lock in place (ladder supports the tent when opened) and drill holes so it locks in the correct position.

3d fj

Observer
Thanks for the replies. I did not know about the ladder attachment needing to be in a particular orientation. Will have to check it out tomorrow. Thanks

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Thanks for the replies. I did not know about the ladder attachment needing to be in a particular orientation. Will have to check it out tomorrow. Thanks

That's for the newer telescopic ladders. Some still have the sliding type ladders like ColoDisco has, where holes need to be drilled once the height is established.

Finlay

Triarius
I FINALLY got the tent on the truck. i have a few quick questions that i thought i'd ask now rather than wait to call bobby on tuesday. I have the Mt. Rainier

1. the arm support that supports the veranda... does that have to be removed when the tent is closed or can it be left in place and folded with everything?

2. (I left the instructions at my office) to attach the annex, the cover has to be removed from the sliding channel in order for the annex to slide in?

3. (I left the instructions at my office) The lower rungs of ladder must lock first before trying to lock the upper rungs.. correct?

I haven't even gone to the campsite yet and everyone that has walked or driven past my driveway while i was putting everything together asked me questions. interesting....

1. Yeah. I just pop it out and stuff it back into the holes where it came out of. It won't fold up with the tent - the armature works in the wrong direction.

2. The cover has to be removed. The annex uses the same channel.

3. Dunno - I have the old style sliding ladder.

The tent is a great conversation starter.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Wow, Im sorry I missed the party! But its great to see this kind of cooperation from a mfgr. After reading through all 28 pages im sold on what RTT Im going to get in a month-ish. I also love to support local companies and when its a great product it makes it all that much easier. Not to mention i can pick it up and take barlow road to do so:)

thanks Guys

latybug

you will love it!

Omigosh you guys, I am sitting in my tent typing this as we speak! I am totally not even kidding!
As I was setting up, I was thinking about how nobody had posted anything here for a long time, and I was wondering how y'alls were doing with your tents. And then I logged into my computer and here's a new post. How funny.
PN Yetti, you will definitely be pleased with one of these tents. I use mine about once a month and absolutely love it. It's super easy to set up (even for little ol' me) and a total conversation starter. Literally every time I've used it, someone has stopped and commented about it. In fact, I usually stay at the same park, and now some of the people who live here stop by to say hi every time I come out. "Oh look, it's our truck-tent girl." :)
And the customer service from Bobby and his whole team is just fantastic!
Also, now that it's getting colder, I can report that this tent stays much warmer than my old one. I have a little space heater that I turn on when it's night time (yes, all my "Dads" on here, it has the tip-over safety switch and I turn it off when I'm sleeping), and I am completely toasty all night. And for a desert rat like me, that's just perfect.
Wishing a happy holiday season to everyone and your families!

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
LOVING MINE!! :D

for those of you think that this will limit your trails..think again..

ad80e6ff.jpg

7e7f1a80-1.jpg

183675_10101427554613108_1414350971_n.jpg

0e154d6c.jpg

CIMG0928.jpg

CIMG1034.jpg

_MG_3650.jpg

IMG_4305.jpg

IMG_4213a.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

7877909902_9cb282e4b4_b.jpg

IMG-20120826-00578.jpg

Last edited:

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Omigosh you guys, I am sitting in my tent typing this as we speak! I am totally not even kidding!
////////

That is awesome!! Now that deer season is over, and the snow has hit, my season is over. :snorkel:

Glad you brought this back up though!! I still need to get with CVT about the damage UPS did to my RTT.

Hope it's not too late! (but I have been using it a lot this summer!):victory:

moto-treks

On the road
Fitted Sheet size

For those that bought the Mt Shasta or Mt Bachelor tent, what size fitted sheet fits on the mattress? I'm planing on getting the Mt Shasta.

Thanks,
Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior