CVT Group Buy!

Gadgetech

When a buddy and I went hunting wr used the Bachelor and the room was fine. We both are 220-230. If you put a hood on the bed it would be a little big. If you get a Bachelor and you think thete is not enough room we can sell that tent there and you can make up the difference between the two.

I'm on the east coast so exchanging would be an expensive proposition but I appreciate your insight. That helps make a decision on which of the two to look at.

mike r

Adventurer
Ab1985,
Thanks for the follow/interest, we are close to 30% discount so be sure to research and get in to ensure we hit the mark!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Is that the code to enter or something?

If not can we find out how to order, It looks like we have to use paypal?

Last edited:

Pritchnakoff

Observer
Is that the code to enter or something?

If not can we find out how to order, It looks like we have to use paypal?

Mike, ab1985 was the screen name of the user in the post prior to that - I didn't use the quote feature and responded via Tapatalk - sorry for confusion.

CVT - Thanks for jumping into the thread with updates! That picture of your personal camp set-up looks like Disneyland; awesome. My plan for the actual "buy" was to submit the final confirmed buys via XLS to confirm the discount amount then we can turn everyone loose on paying, if you can give some insight into how you would prefer payment/order handling that would be great and I can update the rest of the forums. Also many of us may be wanting to drive down for local pick-up so perhaps a direct credit card charge or bank draft in person might be OK too?

Finlay

Triarius
This also concerns me. Please clarify. Was it leaking? Or was it puddling on top of te tent?

Not leaking. It was puddling - near the rainfly support poles across the tops of the doors - one on each side. Then would they soak through and seep slightly. You know how wet canvas is - if you touch it, it will be wet, even if it isn't actively dripping. But, if you raise the roof up and let the water run off, it would be fine (until the next time it accumulated).

It was raining pretty good, though. It was around 1-2 inches in 4-5 hours, starting about 0200. The bulk of it was around 0400 when the thunderstorm rolled through. Then, rain was coming down far faster than the tent could weep it off. Around 0430, I started lifting the roof and then every 45 minutes or so. There wasn't much wind to help billow the fly, and once the it got soaked through it wouldn't stay taut above the tent roof.

As I say, the performance was good. I was happy with how well it did. To be honest, I maybe could have left the pools, but I didn't want to find out. And if it had been a constant light or moderate rain, it would have been fine as well.

At 0600 that morning, the rain let up, it was 35 degrees, and I can tell you that packing away a wet tent in a light rain and near freezing conditions sucks. :) But, I didn't have to work in the mud. RTT ******.

I love this tent and have been exceedingly happy with it. I've sat out some real rains in other tents and the experience hasn't been as pleasant, and drying out the next night was surprisingly fast.

To sum up :

Look, it's a fold up tent that bolts to the top of your car. It's like living in the future. It's got it's compromises, sure, but if it were any more cushy it would have built in automatic backrubs. It's a good product. So good in fact that I let my wife and my dog sleep in there - and lord knows either of them would not be shy if they didn't like it.

jcoleman

I will be taking advantage of this group buy as well, but have not made my final decision between the Mt. Bachelor or the Mt. Shasta. Anyone have any feedback on the loss of ventilation with the extra overhang (obscuring the mesh door/window on that facet) of the Shasta? Probably not a real issue with the other three unobscured windows?

I've emailed Cascadia with this question and a few others but thought I'd solicit some feedback here as well. Just for reference, I'll be putting this on a Ram 2500 (quad, 6' bed) with Yakima Outdoorsman racks over the bed (84" tall) if anyone else has any suggestions.

Thanks to Pritchnakoff for organizing this and to Bobby for the good deal!

Jay

TyRD

Hi all, I'm new to this site, but have been keeping an eye on RTT's for a while now. I am very interested in this group buy if it hits 30% and would like to know if there is a cut off date for this? I do not want to miss out on this and should have my mind made up in a day or so.

I own a 2010 Tacoma short bed and would like to mount this on top of the bed sides so I can store stuff underneath in the bed. Would the Mt. Hood be too large for a Tacoma bed? I currently do not have kids so it would mainly be my wife and I or my brother and I, but I would like to purchase one that will accommodate a small family for future use, or a third adult if a friend tags along.

Can the Mt. Hood be purchased without the Annex room for a cheaper price? I'm not sure that I like the Annex room and would prefer it without.

Thanks!
Tyson

mrwizard

Adventurer
Hi all, I'm new to this site, but have been keeping an eye on RTT's for a while now. I am very interested in this group buy if it hits 30% and would like to know if there is a cut off date for this? I do not want to miss out on this and should have my mind made up in a day or so.

I own a 2010 Tacoma short bed and would like to mount this on top of the bed sides so I can store stuff underneath in the bed. Would the Mt. Hood be too large for a Tacoma bed? I currently do not have kids so it would mainly be my wife and I or my brother and I, but I would like to purchase one that will accommodate a small family for future use, or a third adult if a friend tags along.

Can the Mt. Hood be purchased without the Annex room for a cheaper price? I'm not sure that I like the Annex room and would prefer it without.

Thanks!
Tyson

Expeditioners and 4x4 Enthusiasts,

Good news, I spoke with Bobby tonight in person - really great guy! He's just as excited for the buy as we are and he's not getting a sweet RTT out of it! We've agreed that a good cut-off date is the week prior to the 4th of July holiday (29-June, Friday) as the cut-off. This should allow for any purchases to get in our hands prior to the holiday should any of us have extended expedition plans for the holiday weekend and is still three weeks away! Bobby, has also confirmed that the discount will be good for all Awnings, Tents (all models), and Trailers that we would like to purchase so no holds barred on the items, woot woot!!!!
:Wow1:

Looks like June 29th is the cutoff.

I've been lurking on this group buy for a couple days. The wife and I have been looking at RTT for quite awhile. She's in P-land with the kiddo until tomorrow, but I texted her about the 25%-30% off on Sunday...I love my wife. She called within 30 seconds and the first words out of her mouth, "Tell me more..." :wings:

I'm not able to commit until later this week when the two of us sit down and talk it over, but I'm 75% sure I'm in. Also a good friend who is equipping an Astrolander is looking at an awning on the group buy. He'll let me know by the weekend. That would be 2 more toward the 18 people needed for 30%.

Pritch, I'll PM you when I am solidly committed later this week. What's the headcount now of solid, committed purchasers? Thanks for your work on this.

Pritchnakoff

Observer

Thanks!
Tyson

TyRD, thanks for the solid interest and hope you are able to take advantage. I would guess that this is not an option, but will look to Bobby at CVT to get some final confirmation on that. Might I ask why you don't like/want the annex? I am fairly certain it is a zip in product so you don't have to have it set up every time and the CVT annex rooms have floors so it makes for a great space to store your gear or duffel bags and stay out of any weather! Pretty great feature IMHO - anyhow Bobby can you clarify?

Looks like June 29th is the cutoff.

I've been lurking on this group buy for a couple days. The wife and I have been looking at RTT for quite awhile. She's in P-land with the kiddo until tomorrow, but I texted her about the 25%-30% off on Sunday...I love my wife. She called within 30 seconds and the first words out of her mouth, "Tell me more..." :wings:

I'm not able to commit until later this week when the two of us sit down and talk it over, but I'm 75% sure I'm in. Also a good friend who is equipping an Astrolander is looking at an awning on the group buy. He'll let me know by the weekend. That would be 2 more toward the 18 people needed for 30%.

Pritch, I'll PM you when I am solidly committed later this week. What's the headcount now of solid, committed purchasers? Thanks for your work on this.

Yes June 29 is the cut-off so we still got plenty of time here and glad to have another solid candidate in you mrwizard and will have fingers crossed for your friend. Like me sounds like you got a pretty kick ***** wife so hopefully you will agree on some terms :victory:

As a general update, I've got 9 confirmed buyers all with tents plus a couple buyers are also getting awnings, and mesh rooms. So 9 tents but 13 total products and just with the last couple posts here it sounds like we are about to pick-up 2 or 3 more tents and I am looking to confirm 2 other tents from another forum. Outside of these mentions there are still 8 other people that have said they were in but have not confirmed a product yet (many of them are holding out for 30% before committing) so we're in good shape right now!

Thanks-

Gadgetech

I hate to say take my name off the list (of 30% holdouts) but we just dropped close to $5k for a new a/c system for the house. Convenient how that goes out right after selling my Harley...I haven't even enjoyed not having the payment yet. I am seriously bummed about this and am guessing I've lost a great opportunity to get a tent at a great price.

Pritchnakoff

Observer
I hate to say take my name off the list (of 30% holdouts) but we just dropped close to $5k for a new a/c system for the house. Convenient how that goes out right after selling my Harley...I haven't even enjoyed not having the payment yet. I am seriously bummed about this and am guessing I've lost a great opportunity to get a tent at a great price.

Gadgetech sorry to hear for the new AC unit - $5K ouch! Also hate to see you sold the Harley, but at least you had enough to cover off the new unit and not charge it. If you happen to run into a pile of money in the next couple weeks we'll be waiting for you.
Cheers to you-

Pritchnakoff

Observer
I'm interested in an awning. How do you attach it to something like a Gobi rack? thx

I also am interested in the discount and like the other poster how it would fit on a gobi ( stealth in my case).

ttn333 & Heuschele, glad to get some new interested parties here and hope you guys are able to take advantage! Regarding the attachment, I believe like the tents, there are sliding rails that bolt heads can fit into and then move into position wherever your mounting points would fit best for your application. A good picture of this can be found from the CVT Site under Accessories => Awnings, I have copied one below as shown in the 104" Awning from the site:

1335976575.jpg

Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears