Discovery 3 (LR3) and Discovery 4 (LR4) Registry

A.J.M

Explorer
E3D351F1-B685-4516-B5CA-1E1E0962CA87_zpsgigux5yl.jpg

This is what i have.

It's from a UK company called Prospeed, the ladder brand new is £210, i won mine off ebay for £102 inc delivery.. it was in brand new condition with ZERO marks on it, even the mounting bolts were clean and free from dirt and rust.
It has the "stirrup" style step to help you get up and onto it.

I can take some more pictures of it if you like?

jerdog53

Explorer
Yah we cant get those here in the states without a small fortune invested in shipping.

Don you have a spare tire to step on I should think that would be more than enough. That LJ I had didn't have a ladder but a spare tire to which I climbed.

A.J.M

Explorer
Really?
Ouch, that's rather rubbish as it's a good quality ladder.
Plus it was cheaper than a genuine one and looks better.

iowalr4

Adventurer
I still prefer the Voyager ladder's shape. It is angled a bit so that it does not have the bulge to go over the center light cluster. Its flat and level as it curves over the top. The fitment is great.

My wife also liked the rack (after I got it). We both like that the one we got has a flat bar from front to back and hides the roof bump a little bit. (Its the Voyager low profile full rack)

IMG_20140627_140836_zpsd9ca2e68.jpg

IMG_20140627_140852_zps5027c02b.jpg

axels

Adventurer
peer pressure ;)

So I decided to sell the LR3 18s rims and get some Compomotive PD1881 (formerly known as PD1880). I got some Goodyear DuraTrac in 265/65R18 mounted on these. So far so good (only driven about 80 miles and one steep hill climb - dirt and rocks).
The advantage is that the tires do not rub against the frame horns when turning at full lock and I do not need spacers (which were always in the back of my mind).
Here are a couple pictures (Santa Fe dealership with Classic in the background and downtown Albuquerque).

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 2(1).jpg

Darlip

Zelatore, I know that frontunner has a strap-on ladder that you can put on the spare wheel.

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk

A.J.M

Explorer
BD2E2A87-E0F1-4EB0-BC24-E904368C706F_zpsbbkxuqxw.jpg

One stripped down front end.
I got new silicone hoses fitted.
A rs500 intercooler which is 3x the size of the original.
Fitted my winch a bar and spots.

I also got the autobox flushed. If you haven't done yours yet, I would recommend it gets done every 75,000 miles or so.

Now the car looks like this.

A268586D-3502-40B1-8C54-773D9A00E589_zpsbpevtrwv.jpg

griffman

Heres a pic of my dads 2005 LR3 HSE. He is usually leading the two of us on trails unless theres water. Then me and my jeep go first. Factory lockers, rover specialties sliders, hidden winch mount and some battle scars. Lucky 8 17 inch wheels coming soon. We've both gotten tired of changing tires on the trail with those 19s and the limited (read poor) options for off road tires in that size.

Attachments

• IMG_4041.jpg
    IMG_4041.jpg
    619 KB · Views: 117

A.J.M

Explorer
My Disco may soon be finding a new owner. :(

Have possible job offers in either Halifax or Vancouver Canada, and the car is 5 years too young to take over with me.
It's too much money tied up to place in storage as well.

So if it goes it will fund a nice V8 HSE LR3 with HD package.

low_49

Whats this button do...
Finally got a chance to get out and get a little muddy after the rain here in SoCal.
_DSC6317_v2 copy.jpg_DSC6263 copy.jpg_DSC6293 copy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears