Easter Jeep Safari 2009

haven

Expedition Leader
Jeep is reported to be showing six prototype vehicles at this week's Easter Safari in Moab. The modified Jeeps highlight new products available through the Mopar Performance catalog. The accessories include lift kits, engine install kits, wheels, and body protection kits. I presume that if these parts are installed by a Jeep dealer, the vehicle warranty is not affected -- yes?

Anyone have links to photos and information about the six vehicles?

haven

Expedition Leader
Rockcrawler.com has posted writeups and photos of two of the concept Jeeps at the Easter Jeep Safari. http://www.rockcrawler.com/

The first is the "lower forty," a short wheelbase JK with 40 inch tires, plus a cut-down windshield and cage "roof." Power is by Hemi V8 and axles are Dana 60 rear, Dana 44 front.

lower-forty.jpg

The second is the "Wrangler Overland," a long wheelbase JK that looks like it stepped out of the pages of Overland Journal. The JK loses its back seat to make room for camping storage. An ARB rooftop tent provides shelter. A 2 inch lift makes room for 35 inch tires. The JK is outfitted with AEV bumpers, hood, and snorkel. All these accessories (maybe not the tent) are available from Mopar Accessories or Mopar Performance catalogs.

wrangeler-overland.jpg

I hope the Journal editors can get some seat time in both vehicles.

Chip Haven

ExpoMike

The second is the "Wrangler Overland," a long wheelbase JK that looks like it stepped out of the pages of Overland Journal. The JK loses its back seat to make room for camping storage. An ARB rooftop tent provides shelter. A 2 inch lift makes room for 35 inch tires. The JK is outfitted with AEV bumpers, hood, and snorkel. All these accessories (maybe not the tent) are available from Mopar Accessories or Mopar Performance catalogs.

wrangeler-overland.jpg

I hope the Journal editors can get some seat time in both vehicles.

Chip Haven

Oh, that is SWEET!!! Color matched roof and flairs. Makes it look more like a LR or LC. Cool wheels and proper ExPo white. :victory:

Outside of not needing the RTT, that would be perfect for us.

Zeero

Adventurer
Yep, the rack is drilled through the hard top and bracketed underneath and supported to the roll cage. In effect making the hardtop not removable.....but in an overland situation, a hardtop would likely not be removed anyway.

Here's some shots:

3431838148_9216596d1f_b.jpg

3431025359_e0f8668e99_b.jpg

3431026353_6f2858d440_b.jpg

expoxj

Adventurer
:drool: Is the arb rack or just those brackets going to be available to consumers? Probably have to fab something myself if I wanted that.

Zeero

Adventurer
i like the rims, could you send a set of 6 in black, please???

The rims are powder coated white (for the Overland project). Originally black, factory Mopar Winter/offroad rims.

They are available through your dealer, around $80 a piece.

They have been available through dealers since spring of 2007.

XXXpedition

Explorer
They are available through your dealer, around $80 a piece.
They have been available through dealers since spring of 2007
not sure if dealers in germany offer them...
and if, they're probably tripple the price :-(

IXNAYXJ

Adventurer
More on these and all six vehicles Mopar had at EJS will be in the next issue of JPFreek so stay tuned.
Yup!

I drove 'em and did all the nasty things you were thinking about doing to 'em. Look forward to the next issue!

Okay...FINE! One little teaser:

133.jpg

-----Matt-----

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger