Easter Jeep Safari 2009

rokklym

One Man Wolfpack
I got a few pics of some of the vehicles that were at the Mopar display at the Jeep Safari. Unfortunately I was busy riding so I didn't get there until they were taking everything down but still was a few vehicles.
514278827_H5NvJ-XL.jpg

514280789_SbVgD-XL.jpg

514281585_PTDUu-XL.jpg

514279252_iPfSX-XL.jpg

514279690_YgYLS-XL.jpg

I saw this one around town quite a bit but didn't get a chance to look at the big Earth Roamer
514194160_7chCR-XL.jpg

Here is the link to the rest of my 4-wheeled photos from Moab including some shots from Potato Salad hill.
http://rokklym.smugmug.com/gallery/7925594_DfQiU#P-1-15

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
The second is the "Wrangler Overland," a long wheelbase JK that looks like it stepped out of the pages of Overland Journal. The JK loses its back seat to make room for camping storage.

Love what Jeep is doing here! BUT are Overlanders only traveling in packs of 2 persons? I was really hoping for a 3rd row and they took out the 2nd row!

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
That new Liberty(I think that's what the Maroon one is...) looks SWEET!!!! I never liked the old body style at all, but the new ones are cool looking. Too bad no more Diesel and the under pinnings are not quite as "Trail Ready" as the old XJ's were...

Still, I LOVE the Overland, that's great and definatly makes it seem like our little corner of the internet is getting some attention eh... Could it be we have some rather "important" people here on our lovely boards??? If so WE WANT DIESEL"S!!!! HHAHAHAHAHA...

Thanks of the pics guy's and I can't wait to hear about your driving impressions.

Cheer

Dave

6Pins

Adventurer
We'll at least I've got a picture to explain to my wife what the end of my project will look like. That overland is exactly what I'm working towards (without the full white treatment, I like the black).

I'm intrigued about the ARB rack and mounts to the roof. I've never had the roof off of mine, so I'm good with it being permanent.

haven

Expedition Leader
For TJs and Cherokees, there's the 4.7L stroker motor by ATK. It's supposed to be available from Mopar by Sept, and from ATK now. I read about another company making a 5.0L stroker, but can't remember where right now.

AEV makes a JK conversion kit for the 5.7L and 6.1L Hemi V8. There's talk about a kit to install the VM Motori 2.8L diesel into the JK, but for now the AEV folks say this engine will be available only for the civilian version of the J8 military jeep. Both of these items are supposed to make it into the Mopar Performance catalog in the future.

Chip Haven

haven

Expedition Leader
Here are two more of the six Mopar Underground vehicles at EJS 2009:

LibertyLiberatorII.jpg

Jeep Liberty “Liberator II”
33-inch mud-terrain tires
2-inch suspension lift
ARB rear locker
custom rock-rails
front skid plate
Mopar brush guard
Borla cat-back exhaust

(The Liberator I was a 2005 Liberty with diesel engine)

JeepGrandCanyonII.jpg

Jeep Grand Cherokee "Grand Canyon II"
285/70R17 tires
Superlift 4-inch suspension system.
ARB front bumper
Mopar heavy-duty rock rails.
Mopar front and rear slush mats and cargo liner

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
How cool would those Jeeps be if they didn't have that huge IFS K-member hanging down in the front?

<sigh />

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
The more I look at that WK the more I like it.

I'm not totally down on IFS, far from it, sorry if anyone got that impression above. The drop brackets that most (all?) IFS lifts use leaves something to be desired though.

BT/dt

That WK would be seriously wicked if instead of dropping the A-arms down it used portal hubs or similar on the front. All the height with no loss of ground clearance while keeping drive shaft angles stockish. Sure the unsprung weight goes up but the tires and wheels guaranteed that anyway.

smbisig

Adventurer
:drool: Is the arb rack or just those brackets going to be available to consumers? Probably have to fab something myself if I wanted that.

if you just want the tent on your jk, thule makes a drill through bracket kit with load bars that will work with the ARB tent. i believe that is what ARB is using on their 4 door.

the good thing about the thule setup, is that when the tent is not installed, you can still remove the top.

MC4X4

Observer
if you just want the tent on your jk, thule makes a drill through bracket kit with load bars that will work with the ARB tent. i believe that is what ARB is using on their 4 door.

the good thing about the thule setup, is that when the tent is not installed, you can still remove the top.

didd anyone see the ARB guy climb into the tent, i wouldnt think the roof would be strong enough
cheers mc

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero:I think the MBRP JK rack would support the tent, although I won't need the tent !!!

:costumed-smiley-007:safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

haven

Expedition Leader
Articles about the Easter Jeep Safari are starting to appear in print.
Here's what Truck Trend had to say about the Mopar Underground
project vehicles that appeared at the event:
http://www.trucktrend.com/features/travel/163_0908_2009_moab_mopar_underground_design/index.html

This is the Jeep Cherokee Chief that Mopar Underground prepared
for the Safari. Mechanical changes include a Rubicon 4-to-1 transfer case,
Rubicon Dana 44 axles, a 4.5-inch long-arm suspension kit, and
37-inch Goodyear MT/R tires on AEV wheels, plus a 6.1-liter Hemi V-8!

moparundergroundsj.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger