Expedition Americas November 5, 2007

Cackalak Han

Explorer
Any more updates on this? I also have a friend who started a trip from SLC over a year ago, and he's going from Alaska to Argentina.

dmc

Adventurer
Cackalak Han said:
Any more updates on this? I also have a friend who started a trip from SLC over a year ago, and he's going from Alaska to Argentina.

all the updates are on my site. i don't have high speed very often so i rarely check the forums. where is your friend right now? i'd be interested in emailing him to see he progress. bike or vehicle?
dmc

Cackalak Han

Explorer
dmc said:
all the updates are on my site. i don't have high speed very often so i rarely check the forums. where is your friend right now? i'd be interested in emailing him to see he progress. bike or vehicle?
dmc

Cool. I'll check out your site.

My friend started out on a 96 4Runner. He drove it up to Alaska from SLC and started down. But he wrecked the 4Runner, which put things on halt for a bit. Now, he's in a Tahoe, and he's in Iowa or something like that. Here is his website:

www.myamericanjourney.com

I'm sure he'd love to talk to you about your ventures.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Dave, do you have a co-pilot or are you making friends along the way?

I see someone, not dmc-ish in your photos, which are wonderful BTW.

Godspeed and safe travels - :beer:

ginericLC

Adventurer
Dave picked up a stranger along the way (another traveler I can't recall his name) and then his buddy Ben flew down for a section with him. So he's had some traveling companions.

dmc

Adventurer
Contact for shipping around the darien gap

i am making this post for reference for all future overlanders attempting to get to SA. you can email shipping companies all day long but the problem is you'll never get a reply. I found a contact name on this site and placed a phone call last friday. Evelyn is awesome to work with and speaks great english if your spanish is limited like mine. she was eager and willing to answer all my questions even though i'm just one man in one container and not some large company. i'm not sure if there is anything i need to do to make this pop up higher after a search but here is her contact info.

Evelyn N. Batista
Sales Executive
Barwil Agencies, S.A.

Panama City Office
Avenida Balboa
Galerias Balboa Building Second Floor, Suite 35
Phone: 507 263-7755
Evelyn.Batista@transcanal.com

dmc

cruisermon

Expedition Americas stickers/support

So this is long overdue (sorry dmc) but I was given the honor of being Dave's official Expedition Americas sticker/support manager.

I have a limited amount of Expedition Americas Logo Stickers (around 65 at this writing). The stickers are professional quality, die cut, measuring approx. 6 inches tall x 5 inches wide. The price of the sticker is based on the production cost and includes a little extra to buy Dave some petrol, help pay for $$$hipping his truck, a taco or two, a bribe to cross a border, etc.

IMG_5599.jpg

IMG_5596.jpg

The stickers are $10 each, minimum. Feel free to pay more for them if you would like to support Dave beyond that. It will be greatly appreciated.

Sticker payment and support funds can be PayPal'd to dave@expeditionamericas.com. I will promptly mail the stickers out to you.

Dave also has a cafepress site with logowear.

And don't forget to sign up for Dave's Expedition Americas blog so that you can follow his journey and adventure.

Last edited:
Congrats on your trip & glad to see everything is going smoothly! We are doing the same thing this fall (first to Alaska, then down)

Hey, i may be missing something, but what is with the SPOT transmitter? Is it some sort of safety device that lets you report from the road?? That's awesome; we have been pounding our heads trying to find a way to keep concerned people at home up to date with our progress (beyond blogs, etc.)

Again, best of wishes and don't forget to keep up with the information on the road. At the start of this thread you were asking for info, now you're the guy we are gonna be asking lol.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
gosh time flies!! I can't believe you are already in Columbia, and that Mike and Melissa are leaving in less than a year. I remember reading the initial postings last week...

:)

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
dieselcruiserhead said:
Awesome... Also having trouble getting that link to work to paypal.. I am in for $15 for a sticker! Ray said he spent some time in Costa Rica and costs were adding up there heavily...

dave@expeditionamericas.com is where I sent mine. Looks like Darren added a little extra to the URL link :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle