eXpeditionXterra Build Up

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
I looked and didn't see where you specified tire size and I was also wondering if you kept the rear seat or not.

Very impressive build, thanks for sharing!

:jumping:

KevinNY

Adventurer
eXpeditionXterra said:
Rear diff is an H233B Way overkill axle for the Xterra. The thing is huge!

The front Diff is sturdy, the weak points are the Hubs and CV's. Been wheeling it HARD for three years, never broken a half shaft, torn a CV, or exploded an auto hub.

BUT - I carry a spare of each, just in case :)

Thanks, just curious as I am not familiar with these as wheeling vehicles.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
eXpeditionXterra said:
Rear diff is an H233B Way overkill axle for the Xterra. The thing is huge!

The front Diff is sturdy, the weak points are the Hubs and CV's. Been wheeling it HARD for three years, never broken a half shaft, torn a CV, or exploded an auto hub.

BUT - I carry a spare of each, just in case :)

Nissan gets around designing new parts for the Xterra by raiding the Patrol parts bin where possible. That is why the rear is so overkill.

eXpeditionXterra

Adventurer
FourByLand said:
I looked and didn't see where you specified tire size and I was also wondering if you kept the rear seat or not.

Very impressive build, thanks for sharing!

:jumping:

Dumped the rear seats. In the process of building a deck similar to the rear cargo area with pullout drawers etc.

smbisig

Adventurer
i had the chance to look at this thing in person this past weekend at our local Pacific Northwest Trail Jamboree, and all i could do was :drool: :drool:

great build!

crawldit

Adventurer
That is easily one of the nicest rigs I have ever seen, regardless of make/model :drool: Well done. And I have to agree that the Toyo's are amazing tires. I absolutely love my 37's.

They didnt make supercharged Xterras did they? :confused: :drool:

eXpeditionXterra said:
shower1.jpg

hattrik21

Adventurer
LaOutbackTrail said:
Cool. I honestly didnt know that..... I wouldnt mind the extra hp.

You would the gas mileage and having to use Prem. That's one of the main reasons I traded mine in on an 05. :)

hattrik21 said:
You would the gas mileage and having to use Prem. That's one of the main reasons I traded mine in on an 05. :)

I knew about the premium, but i heard (on the D-L) that you get better mileage in with the supercharger? But I never did any research on the SC nissans. 02-04 I had a Chevy anyways:( .

toyrunner95

Explorer
that thing looks like the A-Team van on crack. hahaha, i love it. i need to get me one of these things. what are all the antennas for? i mean do you talk to NASA that often? u didnt have anything to do with the shuttle accident did u?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78