Fg 637 build

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
anybody know what year the fuso's replaced the passenger side bench seat with a bucket seat
I need to source one

cheers Selfy

2005-2007 FG 140 was a bench (3 seater). I wasn't aware that any year was two seats, but that probably speaks more to my ignorance than anything else.

Is that a new galvanized frame? Nice if so!

selfy

Observer
galvanised but not new, don't know how long ago it was done but it certainly isn't shiny like Alan's
I think thats why this truck became a "basket case" someone stripped it with good intentions then either ran out of money or enthusiasm
I also think its had a few owners who thought they could fix it, but they didn't they just lost more bits haha

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
anybody know what year the fuso's replaced the passenger side bench seat with a bucket seat
As far as I know, all Canters come with a bucket for the driver and a bench for the two passengers.
If you install a bucket on the passenger side, as many people have (including myself), then this will more than likely hamper access to the engine, unless you have a custom made seat bracket manufactured.
The bench is hinged to allow access to the engine cover, but I have not seen any bucket seat setups that were done in a similar manor.

selfy

Observer
I thought the newer ones had 2 bucket seats, oh well back to the drawing board on that one

I don't understand the engine cover under the seat when the cab tilts to access the engine
maybe some of them didn't have the cab tilt ??

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Dual cabs don't easily tilt. That cover is all I've got!!
Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Board Express

selfy

Observer
Dual cabs don't easily tilt. That cover is all I've got!!
haha yeah I guess so, they probably just add another floor plate to the standard pressing for the dual cabs
you could tilt the cab with the tipper with a bit of tricky engineering

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Yeah I'll be playing with that when I get this air ride together.
Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Board Express

selfy

Observer
well unfortunately the truck isn't going to be ready in time for our planned holiday to the Kimberleys
so we will have to take the ute and the trusty camper trailer (hopefully for the last time)

selfy

Observer
I got the mod plate (for the cab extension and the fitting of the body) today
so a few more bits to go and then see if I can get it passed for rego

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan