Four By Land's Discovery

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
MuddyMudskipper said:
That's where I'm at! Not too sure who the grey haired guy is. The only fixed up trucks out here are Mike Hallmark's Epsom green kitted Disco I w/ rack, mine, Rudy Barrow's kitted black DII w/ rack, Randy Banis' fully kitted D90, and a stock G4Challenge DII running around. Oh and you and your nice DII.

Next time I go out I'll let you know. There are a lot of really nice trails and places to wheel/camp within about an hours drive from where we live. I often get to play tour guide for my friends with 4x4's who live in LA.

Yeah, I was going to sneak over there and take a peak at the Rover but my wife told me that you guys have a gate over there so I guess my recon mission will be a little more envolved!

That's funny Because I haven't seen any outfitted Rovers except one in the immediate area, I guess I will have to keep my eyes peeled! Let us know when you head out, we are ready to go!

Green96D1 said:
you are right. Green and Black does look good on a disco!

Yeah, I'm pretty much in love! Actually I professed my love about a certain green rover to my wife the other night and then I found out that it's parked right around the corner from me...

:Astrologist:

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
Green96D1 said:
you are right. Green and Black does look good on a disco!

.....and not just because 50% of the 10 or so Land Rover colors offered for the Discos were some variation of green.

FourByLand said:
Yeah, I was going to sneak over there and take a peak at the Rover but my wife told me that you guys have a gate over there so I guess my recon mission will be a little more envolved!

Well it is gated but the main gate stays open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. for deliveries and such so if it was before then you might have been able to catch a glimpse of Sprout. I actually live right on the corner in so I'm always parked closest to the exit.

FourByLand said:
That's funny Because I haven't seen any outfitted Rovers except one in the immediate area, I guess I will have to keep my eyes peeled! Let us know when you head out, we are ready to go!

There aren't many. Come to think of it there are a couple more I can think of but I don't know the owners personally (incl. the G4 Challenge)...there is a crazy looking dude with a Series that has a grey camo job, no top, and a set of bull horns on the hood like Boss Hogg. There is a white D1 with a mild lift and a rack that belongs to one of the guys that works at the Sears Auto Center by the mall, and a lifted w/ big tire RR Classic SWB I've seen a couple times.

Weird huh? We live in a small enough town that I end up seeing and meeting the other like minded Rover enthusiasts.

FourByLand said:
Yeah, I'm pretty much in love! Actually I professed my love about a certain green rover to my wife the other night and then I found out that it's parked right around the corner from me...

As long as the wife doesn't get jealous you and your green love machine have nothing to worry about. :wings:

D1 D2 Amit

Observer
Enough of all this "who lives where and I seen your truck"

Lets all get togther and do some wheelin, Whatdya say Rich,

Last chance, Opal again for a day run again ?

Amit :shakin:

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
D1 D2 Amit said:
Enough of all this "who lives where and I seen your truck"

Lets all get togther and do some wheelin, Whatdya say Rich,

Last chance, Opal again for a day run again ?

Amit :shakin:

Let's do it! When do you want to go? I need to get another track rod since mine is good and tweaked from my last run. I won't need my rear locker, so i can fix it another time. I think we can get Nightmare Gulch in the mix too.

So whaddaya say Louis and Amit, shortly after Christmas? A gift to ourselves?

D1 D2 Amit

Observer
U know me too well :gunt: As long as its a sunday, I dont need much planning, Just call me and I will be there....

FO SHO......:wings:

I am even up for new years day, you tell me.

I might be able to get some more roverholics to come along... lemme know

Last edited:

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
D1 D2 Amit said:
U know me too well :gunt: As long as its a sunday, I dont need much planning, Just call me and I will be there....

FO SHO......:wings:

I am even up for new years day, you tell me.

I might be able to get some more roverholics to come along... lemme know

Okay. Let's see what's good for Louis timewise and we will get a little meet and greet run going.

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
MuddyMudskipper said:
Okay. Let's see what's good for Louis timewise and we will get a little meet and greet run going.

We have New Years Day plans but any other time works for us!

Let's roll!

:arabia:

Last edited:

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
MuddyMudskipper said:
There aren't many. Come to think of it there are a couple more I can think of but I don't know the owners personally (incl. the G4 Challenge)...there is a crazy looking dude with a Series that has a grey camo job, no top, and a set of bull horns on the hood like Boss Hogg. There is a white D1 with a mild lift and a rack that belongs to one of the guys that works at the Sears Auto Center by the mall, and a lifted w/ big tire RR Classic SWB I've seen a couple times.

I was kinda starting to feel like there weren't any at all. I saw your photos from Crazy Otto's and figured you were just passing through.

Weird huh? We live in a small enough town that I end up seeing and meeting the other like minded Rover enthusiasts.

Yet I only saw one, very weird.

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
D1 D2 Amit said:
U know me too well. As long as its a sunday, I dont need much planning, Just call me and I will be there....

FourByLand said:
We have New Years Day plans but any other time works for us!
Let's roll!

MUHUHAHA!!! I think that there is something brewing here. I have started to contact some interested parties but I think the 30th is going to be the date I'm shooting for. Post X-Mas pre New Year's.:victory:

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
MuddyMudskipper said:
MUHUHAHA!!! I think that there is something brewing here. I have started to contact some interested parties but I think the 30th is going to be the date I'm shooting for. Post X-Mas pre New Year's.:victory:

HAHA, sounds like a plan!

:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Andrew Walcker said:
Louis, classic kit. The SD rack looks great, nicely done!

Andrew,

Thanks, I am trying to keep my mods tasteful and somewhat uniform, next will be the ladder and the flooring so it will be easier to get on top of it and to get things off of it.

Last edited:

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
Louis,
The Disco is looking good. Get up here to Northern AZ and we'll do some runs in Sedona/Jerome area.

I see that you are in the Air Force. I assume that you are using the auto hobby shop on base? I think that is the biggest benefit that I miss from the Navy. We had an awesome shop with inside bays, outdoor "shades", long term project areas, and a great paint booth. You could use the shop and tools for a couple bucks an hour. I have honestly thought of starting my own do it yourself business based on the military auto hobby shop principle. I just have to win the powerball first. I don't think it would make enough to be liquid.

Dave

MUSBJIM

Observer
Louis - the mods you are doing on your Disco look 'top-notch'!! You got some mad skilz.

Very capable looking rig without going over-the-top. Hopefully someday our off-road paths will cross.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman