From Stock To Stacked...The Story Of A JK

WFTW

Adventurer
I've heard the exhaust and air intake helps, but not the throttle body spacer. In an effort to get as much out of the engine as possible, I opted to go with those items. Loving the tip of that exaust...for a piece of bling, it looks really good (IMHO). hahahah :)

I'll be taking the Jeep from Jax to Naples and back, as well as up to Georgia and Alabama next month, so I'll get plenty of time behind the wheel. I'll also be off-roading in 3 States, so I'll have a decent idea of that aspect as well. I'll then make my decision on whether or not to get the supercharger.

WFTW

Adventurer
I finally got back to the States a few days ago and have been working on the Jeep almost non-stop. So, here are some new pictures...

Finished duel-battery set-up...
IMG_2517.jpg

TeraFlex front bumper (bare)...
IMG_2510.jpg

Front bumper (w/Warn 9.5Ti winch)...
IMG_2530.jpg

OEM rock rails removed. You'll notice I also removed the "Wrangler" and "Unlimited" stickers...
IMG_2528.jpg

TeraFlex rear bumper and spare tire carrier...these will be modified a bit in the coming months...
IMG_2527.jpg

37" BFGoodrich KM2 tires mounted on 17" Center Line bead locked wheels. These took me a while to install, but it was cool that I was able to do it myself rather than taking them to a tire shop. Best of all, these bead locks don't have to be constantly checked like others. The tires will be replaced with 40" KM2's in a few weeks.
IMG_2524.jpg

KC HiLiTES installed (still have 4 more to put somewhere)...
IMG_0809.jpg

TeraFlex rock rails (4" of lift with stock tires/axles)...
IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

WFTW

Adventurer
True Flow XDI air intake...
IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

Tuffy overhead security console...
IMG_0819.jpg

Old parts...
IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

A little bare under the Jeep...
IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

WFTW

Adventurer
The springs had to be trimmed a bit to fit on the new axles...
IMG_0832.jpg

The new axles...
IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

Added 2 1/2" spacers on top of the 4" springs to help clear the 40" tires. These will be taken off when the 6" springs arrive.
IMG_0826.jpg

I still have lots left to do and will be busy over the next 3 to 4 days. I'll keep snapping pictures along the way and update this thread when I can.

WFTW

Adventurer
Spent about 10 hours working on the Jeep today. I'm exhausted (it's almost 1am) but I thought I'd throw up some pictures of my progress. I'll be back in the shop again tomorrow at 9am but should have enough done to finally take it home with me (it will be drivable, yet far from finished).

Threw on the Smittybilt G.E.A.R. seat covers...I like how they look...
IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

Finally got the meats (tires) on. They're the 37"s. The 40"s won't arrive for a few more weeks.
IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

Here's the Wild Boar fast back hard top...SUH-WHEET! Makes it look more like a rock buggy IMO...
IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

Last thing I did today before having a beer was to take off one of the fender flares...
IMG_0851.jpg

Jackel18

I love your build!

just 1 question, why would you buy a rubicon if you were just going to remove all the rubicon components.

WFTW

Adventurer
Jackel18 said:
I love your build!

just 1 question, why would you buy a rubicon if you were just going to remove all the rubicon components.

Because I wanted the electronic sway bar disconnect. ;)

Joking aside, I didn't think I was going to swap out axles...just so happened that I'm building it up more than I originally thought. What can I say...hindsight is 20/20.

Here are some more pictures...

Support bar for the dual battery tray...
IMG_0861.jpg

ARB air compressor mounted under the batteries...
IMG_0864.jpg

Hood lift kit installed...
IMG_0859.jpg

Front and rear drive shafts installed...
IMG_0862.jpg

Mounted the roof rack (minus the basket) and roof top tent...
IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

Two crossbars were fabricated and welded to the roof rack so we could mount the roof top tent up there.

I'll be heading out tomorrow afternoon for a Wheelers for the Wounded charity event and will spend the weekend taking it through mud, down trails, up hills, and over rocks...can hardly wait to get my first bit of brush rake! :D

WFTW

Adventurer
Still to come...

40" tires (have 37"s on there now, but the 40"s will be here in a few weeks).

Paint bottom and all 4 sides of the roof rack tent (including the hinges) black. The top will remain white and have a large WFTW logo put on.

5.7L Hemi. I got that and the tranny today. I still have to pick up a harness, computer, dual exhaust, etc. The engine swap will be done when I return to Iraq and give the Jeep back to Overbuilt Customs ( www.overbuiltcustoms.com ).

Custom front and rear track bars.

Fox steering stabilizer.

Fox shocks.

Custom rear tire carrier (current one won't support a 40" tire).

I still have 4 more KC lights to mount (2 on front bumper, 2 on rear...maybe).

Lights and CB have to be wired up.

There's a mess of stuff to do, so I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
This is a fun build to follow.

It would be sweet if you painted the RTT black too, or better yet get one of the new carbon fiber Maggiolinas!

WFTW

Adventurer
RTT is going to be painted black on the bottom and sides. The top of it will remain white to help with the heat. The carbon fiber one was not an option for me based on the extreme price increase for something that I didn't see as that much of an advantage.

I took the Jeep out this past weekend to test it out and it performed great. I tried everything I came across and never got stuck. Although, I did get a LOT of brush rake, some dents, and my right side rock rail was certainly put through it's paces in a rock garden and came through like a champ...although gouged a little.

Here's a "before" picture...
IMG_1066.jpg

And here's an "after" picture...
IMG_1072.jpg

Hahahaha...actually, I don't have an after picture.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
ummm WOW.

Dude, you should trade in your RTT for the new Carbon Fiber version coming out. Would fit the rig so perfect.

boknows

Adventurer
Looking good man, I see you solved that power issue with the Hemi addition. Are you home already? 2 more months for me and I get to start playing with mine again....absence makes the heart grow fonder. I second painting the tent black

by the way, Hooters girl on the hood either needs to lose some weight or get off the fender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle