Great Divide Expedition

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Scott I'm watching it right now! I've wanted to do this route for a long time. Let's put together a trip and recreate it??? We can do the video and stills and the whole bit! All the passes should be clear by next July or so. The trail goes within a mile or so of my house here in Telluride.

Cheers,

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I'm in :)

benedmonson said:
Scott I'm watching it right now! I've wanted to do this route for a long time. Let's put together a trip and recreate it??? We can do the video and stills and the whole bit! All the passes should be clear by next July or so. The trail goes within a mile or so of my house here in Telluride.

Cheers,

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
adrenaline503 said:
I have always wondered that. Not to mention all the other file hosting sites that show copywrited footage.
They're just a vehicle, leaving the copyright up to the poster. The agreement you have to accept is that Google/YouTube/etc are just hosting services and do not transfer copyright. So if you are not the rights holder for the content, then they have to take it down if asked and you would presumably have to answer any suits by the copyright holder. Seems like a legal grey area, but I'm no lawyer. That stance didn't really work for Napster, though...

K2RVR

Adventurer
Scott, Ben, Redline,

If you are thinking of doing this next summer, would you be willing to let me join? It only seems fitting to do this trip as one of the the first "big trips" in my white RRC diesel, considering the lineage and all. I have always wanted to do this route and am trying to plan something for next summer.

Todd
93 RRC Diesel
00 DII

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Great divide?

mountainpete said:
Scott - If you're seriously thinking about leading a trip like this, I would seriously be interested...

Would you take a passenger? :shakin:

I'd love to take a trek like this, too bad I'd need a month off to do the round trip! If the timing in right...

Cheers,
P

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
p1michaud said:
Would you take a passenger? :shakin:

I'd love to take a trek like this, too bad I'd need a month off to do the round trip! If the timing in right...

Cheers,
P

Hmmm... this could get interesting :wings:

Ruffin' It

Explorer
Is there a resource where one could find enough information to recreate this trip? I did a short piece of the Divide a couple years ago and have been dying to do the whole thing. Maybe this is a better idea than the Great Western Trail (well, at least for the time being). Choices, choices.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
I'd be all over something like this as well. Summer 2009 would be a better time for me personally (September 08 trip planned already) but I could probably swing something to make it happen for me if it was planned for next summer.

Lets make this happen!

thallca

Observer
It was really neat seeing all those Range Rovers hiting the trails like that. I would like to take my classic on that trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior