Great Divide Expedition

Spiker

Just came across this thread and was so pleased to see how many people want to get out there! I'm sure Scott will put together a spot-on trip for you.

In the meantime, I noticed how many were strapped to find info on how to get out there to explore on their own. I hope this info helps. I offer it with the sincerest gesture of a fellow off roader with the interests of getting more people on the trail.

To assist you all, I just put up a "download section" which has loads of files for your trip planning.

• Simply to to the offroving site
  • Click on any of the sections [calendar, sliders, anything]
  • At the bottom of any of the pages will appear a tab which says "downloads".
  • There, I put all of the GPS files for Garmin and Google Earth, the GD3 trip sheet which gives context to all the trails, etc.

Get out there and explore, all brands, all ages!

Gore Ranger

Observer
I found a Great Divide badge (it's the awesome metal one) and it is now on my tailgate. Even though my 1989 is not a genuine GDE, I live very near the continental divide so i thought it would look cool on the tailgate. That is the only sticket/badge on my entire truck and I plan to keep it that way.

The early Range Rovers (1987-1989) make great overlanding vehicles (despite what some say on here) but they're hard to find rust free. You better have deep pockets though between maintenance and mods. They're not for everybody.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25009&d=1232218558

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online