Hand Tools: The highest quality/value

Wyowanderer

Explorer
I don't carry those tools into the field. I guess that I wasn't clear enough about that. On the flip side, if they can be used to solve the problem are you really going to sit there stranded because they're not some higher quality tool?
Certainly not. But I doubt I'm going to be stranded in the first place, because I tend to be a packrat when it comes to taking tools. And I don't refuse to use any brand of tool if it works. I just try hard to buy better ones in the first place, because I've never experienced a situation where I was saying to myself, gee, I sure wish I'd spent a couple bucks less on that (fill in the blank). Most of the expensive stuff I own was purchased when I was making very little money, and it was worth every penny to me. But I use hand tools because I LOVE it, not because I have to.

Buying quality tools is important. Buying the top of the line specifically to carry around in a truck is just silly or snobbish. Robbing top of the line tools from the home or work box to make up the truck box is expensive, but a reasonable thing to do as a short term thing.

I would argue that it's neither if you can afford to. Some folks do better work with top quality tools, myself included. I have top quality tools in my rig because that's what I want; if you don't, that's okay with me, but please don't attach labels like snobbish or silly to my choices. Heck, until I posted in this thread few or none of you knew I had Snap On tools. Did you think I was snobby before? I suppose you could call me silly, though, and get away with it.:sombrero:
Lastly friend, I want to say that I'm NOT interested in a pissing match. We're different, and that ought to be okay with both of us. I hope to help you the next time your rig breaks so I can loan you some of my tools. I'll even buy the beers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior