IM BACK!!! again....

toyrunner95

Explorer
So. I'm turning my eyes to suspension. This is my dd so I don't want extreme. But I want fairly capable. I owe too much for it to be a trail rig yet so I want to keep it clean and nice. So I was looking into a touring setup. Like ome or maybe even just spacers. I want to clear 32s but 33s would be nice too. I have heard that if I stay under 2.5 inches of lift it won't mess with my uca's. Is this true? I'm also concerned with weight. It seems that I can't haul as much in the bed as I was told. I put like 600 lbs in the bed and it hit the bump stops.

zscott

Adventurer
I would change the UCA's too. Having had the 2.5" without them changed out, I can say this. it touched the coil overs. Better safe than sorry.

as for the carry capacity. What leafs do you have? where was the load positioned? Behind the axel? above it, to foreword of it.

I personally have the All Pro Expos. Loved them, until I added enough weight installed to max them out. Now when I carry heavier loads, i too am on the bumps. Getting some Custom Built ALCANS as my next set.

You must seriously have some weight in the bed to bottom out the All Pro Expos. I have the dakars and from what I have gathered they hold even less than the expos and I have never hit the bumps either that or I dont realize it.

toyrunner95

Explorer
A constant overload on a spring is never good. But on the flip side the correct spring shouldn't be overloaded. It's kinda a grey area. But I figured I will wait on suspension until I figure out what my load will be then build from there. That way it will be dialed into my needs and not a kit that suits most needs.

toyrunner95

Explorer
There's a don't ask don't tell policy strictly enforced. Lol. You aren't in Washington. Your closer to the other Washington.

toyrunner95

Explorer
i worked a little bit on the drawer setup, messed with a few things, got it the way i like it. ill update and post pics tomorrow. im excited to finally have my adventure truck that i have been dreaming of for 18 years!

CurrentBeta

Score you did, nice boxes and ARB refrigerator. Have you gave any thought to using metric size tires, a 285/75 is the same height as 33's but narrow, gives the appearance of being taller.

toyrunner95

Explorer
i have and the one major drawback is that metric is more expensive for some reason. now in reality i will probably end up getting 265-75-r16 so i dont have to get new rims, but with the lift i might need to. so then we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

toyrunner95

Explorer
So I called les Schwab today and got pricing on an ome heavy duty kit with rims and tires installed and aligned for 3500. In my head I know that's a good deal. But in the grand scheme of things is it worth it. I can get a toytec for half the price of an one and the same performance. I need input. What do you guys think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle