IM BACK!!! again....

toyrunner95

Explorer
So I'm thinking I could get by with bfg all terrains and the toytec. Any suggestions on which toytec to go with. I don't need a lot of lift. Just better ride and overload capicity.

Owyhee H

Adventurer
The toytec stuff is ok but the OME is proven, simple, and works. I think of the toytec stuff as cheap coilovers while the OME is a simple well made well tuned suspension with no "bling" factor. They would probably both work just fine so if you want the toytec stuff there are lots of people enjoying it right now. Check tacomaworld for lots of discussion on lifts.

You mentioned 265/75R16, which will fit with no modifications so a slight lift will change nothing, bigger may need changes.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Thatt funny. People can pick want they want but I see nothing at all to indicate OME as being better built than toytec. With toytec you get bilstein shocks, with OME you get what I assume is Monroe shocks made to OME specs. You get Eibach springs with toytec. I don't think anyone would say those are "cheap" products from a quality perspective. I personally believe OME and Toytec to be fairly equal, except for the fact you can adjust toytec coilovers as your needs change. I looked hard at both brands and ended up with toytec, but I don't think you can go wrong either way.
The toytec stuff is ok but the OME is proven, simple, and works. I think of the toytec stuff as cheap coilovers while the OME is a simple well made well tuned suspension with no "bling" factor. They would probably both work just fine so if you want the toytec stuff there are lots of people enjoying it right now. Check tacomaworld for lots of discussion on lifts.

You mentioned 265/75R16, which will fit with no modifications so a slight lift will change nothing, bigger may need changes.

Owyhee H

Adventurer
It's good that there are different opinions or we would all have the same truck. OME are not Monroe unless Monroe started making them in Australia. Bilstein are a quality shock that come in many forms and many levels of quality and performance. I think that you can have great performance out of many setups and be happy with each. Good luck finding the right one for you.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
So I went to Toyota and asked them what mods I could do that wouldent void the warranty. They told me you can modify whatever you want. But if it leads to a part failure as a direct result then its not covered. So if I put a arb on the front and the shocks go out they aren't covered. Good to know they stand behind their product and engineering as well as their warranty.

It's called the Magnussen-Moss Act. All manufacturer's have to abide by this.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
ARB lifts are made in Australia, but they don't make their own shocks. Those are made in USA by another company and get the OME stickers on them. I could be wrong on this but I thought there was a video of their shocks being made in a California factory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle