Is the TRD 3" Suspension Lift Kit for a 2024 Tundra sufficient for an Alu cabin build?

rruff

Explorer
If you want to spend $$$.

EDIT: Forgot ExPo won't do Amazon links.

This would be a low budget option, Smittybuilt clone:

VEVOR 6CFM Tire Inflator with Pressure Gauge, 12V Heavy Duty Air Compressor 150PSI Portable Tire Inflator for Car, SUV, RV, Truck For up to 35 Inch Tires​

Hard to beat Viair for reliability:

VIAIR 400P/40045 Automatic Portable Compressor, Tire Inflator Kit, Air Compressor​

Or maybe one of these, also many clones:

EZ FLATE M.O.A.B. 10.6 CFM PORTABLE 12V DUAL CYLINDER AIR COMPRESSOR​

It's quicker to get hoses that allow you to fill all the tires at once.

I'm too lazy to air down very often. Instead, I have big tires and just run them low if I'm going to be on washboard a lot. For the load I carry, 25 psi is sufficient on the street... but if I was going to do a long highway drive I'd bump that up to 35-40. Having a good working pump is still necessary if you get a flat or need to air way down for soft sand.

Last edited:

hdas

I think this will be my next set.

If I don't do the TRD lift. I will try to get the TRD Pro size tires. But its unclear if they will do the switch for me. The stupid TRD package includes 265/60/20. If I do the TRD lift, I have a little more room, don't want to go crazy, and I've narrowed it down to 2 options. The trade off is to go slightly taller or slightly wider. The option 2 has a bit more choices for tires.

1695135540896.png

In terms of the lift/suspension, these are my options, in incremental cost and complexity:

1. Drive it as it is which will be with the TRD Package wheels 265/60/20. See how I feel and incrementally upgrade.
2. Get the dealer to at least give me the TRD PRO wheels. See how I feel and incrementally upgrade.
3. Get the TRD PRO wheels + the TRD lift kit.
4. Get Option 1 or 2 tires with the TRD PRO wheels + the TRD lift kit.
5. Get Option 1 or 2 tires with the TRD PRO wheels + the TRD lift kit + Complement with whatever aftermarket is needed.
6. Get Option 1 or 2 tires with the TRD PRO wheels + Aftermarket Suspension Upgrade.

By the way, how easy is to sell the stock wheel/tires?. Shipping must ruin the whole thing no?

tacollie

Glamper
I run the 285/75r18 Falkens on my truck. It's a good size. I would really hold off on doing the TRD suspension until you get to camper and drive the truck. Make sure you're happy with the performance of your stock springs before you buy that TRD kit. You may put yourself in a position where you're having to swap out parts.

I've built a lot of trucks. A great way to save money is do the suspension last. Keep in mind that you're adding weight with the camper, taller heavier tires, and potentially a lift kit. All those things are going to affect gas mileage.

tacollie

Glamper
You could install your camper and measure the amount of rear squat. That'll give you a good idea of how much squat you'll get with the TRD lift since it uses the same rear springs.

hdas

I need to talk to my dealer.

So, after talking to the dealer I found 2 things:

1. You can't change the 20" wheels of the Tundra Limited + TRD Package
2. Inventory of Tundra Limited with TRD packange + iMax Engine is limited
3. If I put 3k more I can get a TRD PRO and that solves the lift, the suspension and the wheels issue.

If one finds the TRD package and the Hybrid more powerful engine useful, seems that the TRD Pro is the way to go. What do you guys think?

tacollie

Glamper
So, after talking to the dealer I found 2 things:

1. You can't change the 20" wheels of the Tundra Limited + TRD Package
2. Inventory of Tundra Limited with TRD packange + iMax Engine is limited
3. If I put 3k more I can get a TRD PRO and that solves the lift, the suspension and the wheels issue.

If one finds the TRD package and the Hybrid more powerful engine useful, seems that the TRD Pro is the way to go. What do you guys think?
The hybrid system would be nice. It will have lower payload.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online