Is the TRD 3" Suspension Lift Kit for a 2024 Tundra sufficient for an Alu cabin build?

hdas

Do you want bigger tires? What exactly do you want to achieve?

I want to ride in the dirt roads of the high Rockies and minimize the chatter of washboards and rough sections. I want to clear rutted roads with no issues. I want to do that while carrying an alucab, 2 adults, 1 toddler, 1 bike and the usual equipment. Probably 2 weekends per month from April to October. Also want to minimize the wear and tear of other parts due to the offroading.

tacollie

Glamper
Yes but so will the stock suspension.
I think it'll be fine on pavement but have mediocre performance in the back country. Maybe the new Tundra is different but Toyota stock suspension haven't been great at caring weight in my experience. There springs tend to be too soft for carrying loads full time.

hdas

I think it'll be fine on pavement but have mediocre performance in the back country. Maybe the new Tundra is different but Toyota stock suspension haven't been great at caring weight in my experience. There springs tend to be too soft for carrying loads full time.

In my biking experience, using bigger tires (wider) at lower pressures, helps A LOT. Is that the case for offroad trucks?

tacollie

Glamper
I say run your truck as is. If your happy with the performance in stock form the TRD kit may be fine. I still think you will want rear springs with an increased spring rate and that kit doesn't offer an increase in spring rate.

I want to ride in the dirt roads of the high Rockies and minimize the chatter of washboards and rough sections. I want to clear rutted roads with no issues. I want to do that while carrying an alucab, 2 adults, 1 toddler, 1 bike and the usual equipment. Probably 2 weekends per month from April to October. Also want to minimize the wear and tear of other parts due to the offroading.
Good tires and a basic air compressor so you can air down your tires will help a lot. I would replace the stock tires before I touch the suspension. Slowing down is good.

tacollie

Glamper
In my biking experience, using bigger tires (wider) at lower pressures, helps A LOT. Is that the case for offroad trucks?
Airing down helps. Tires in the 10.5-11.5 range will be good. More sidewall helps a lot. The 20" rims aren't ideal for that.

tacollie

Glamper
What tires do you like for this application?
Since you're in Vail I would get something with the 3 peak snow rating. I would get a LT tire. They are typically super l stouter. BFG KO2 are good. I like the Falken AT3W. I like the Toyo AT3s but they aren't as good in the snow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior