Isuzu NPR 4x4 Beast! - Rebelzilla by Rebel Off Road

REBEL OFF ROAD

Supporting Sponsor
King Of The Hammers 2017

Here's a collection of photos from our recent trip to King Of The Hammers where we took out Rebelzilla to do shock tuning and get a feel for how she handles desert terrain with a full load. Bond was very excited with the initial results of how she handled flowing through the whoops.

Qvz2D6R.jpg

AtB4TRa.jpg

xhQWzcG.jpg

4qBUEMJ.jpg

8eJu7Qq.jpg

PCi5KqG.jpg

mIhvoUN.jpg

VG6wltB.jpg

47HO8vo.jpg

oC2sa7k.jpg

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Looks good.

Was a pleasure meeting you guys out there, I'll definitely be making a journey out to your shop sometime.

Many thanks for Bond putting up with my questions, and the time suck :D, I owe him a few brews.
KoH 2017 rebel truck.jpg

REBEL OFF ROAD

Supporting Sponsor
A collection of photos we took right after getting back from SEMA. Attached our some equipment from our partners at Yakima, Rock N Road, Intense Cycles and REI. These were shot before we had laid down our sponsors decals.

6EvvPDE.jpg

9jD25hE.jpg

gBCPej3.jpg

ZhmlPXk.jpg

4oGLYpc.jpg

Rebelzilla has horns!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Still no emails from Bond on pricing and further details about the off the shelf kit (I'm supposedly on the "list").... :(

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Shelf kit for what?
4x4 conversion kit?

*Off the shelf kit to be installed only at Rebel.
But yes, supposedly they're going to be offering a setup, less aggressive than what you see here.
I forget the timeline that those interested were to be informed, but IIRC it was last month or so.

CYRUS888

Observer
Still no emails from Bond on pricing and further details about the off the shelf kit (I'm supposedly on the "list").... :(

*Off the shelf kit to be installed only at Rebel.
But yes, supposedly they're going to be offering a setup, less aggressive than what you see here.
I forget the timeline that those interested were to be informed, but IIRC it was last month or so.

Ow that would be interesting to see what the come up with

LTT70

Great looking truck..... I have one question, with the 4 link setup you have on the front, I see you have the bars going to the rear, how did you get around the bump steer, with the weight of the truck and the steering geometry I would've thought that you would of got a lot of bump steer?

javajoe79

Fabricator
Great looking truck..... I have one question, with the 4 link setup you have on the front, I see you have the bars going to the rear, how did you get around the bump steer, with the weight of the truck and the steering geometry I would've thought that you would of got a lot of bump steer?

Can you elaborate? Why exactly would that cause bumpsteer? If perhaps it has enough travel to cause bumpsteer by maxing out the range of the drag link I suppose you're right but I could only see that happening when completely twisted up. Even then it would steer both wheels the same. However the reason they do crossover steering on many types of trucks is to get rid of the bumpsteer.

DzlToy

Explorer
Joe has it right. With the NPR, and presumably most modern cabover trucks, being fitted with push-pull steering from the OEM, bump steer WOULD be an issue if there were any measurable travel in the stock suspension.

This article, geared towards early Toyota trucks with push-pull steering, explains the phenomenon, as well as the cure, which is hy-steer or cross over steering.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/suspension-brakes/1612-cure-bumpsteer-steering-you-straight/

A properly designed link suspension, and that is what Rebel is known for, with cross over steering, should have zero bump steer. Pirate had a four link calculator posted for years and it has been instrumental in building many a link suspension, the world over. Tuning the suspension is a bit of an art, as I understand it, but designing it really comes down to some math and keeping your numbers within certain parameters for anti-squat, roll center height, length of upper and lower links, vertical separation, etc. Any competent off road fab shop worth their salt should be able to build a proper link suspension, IMO. It appears that Rebel has it well and truly in hand.

Last edited:

REBEL OFF ROAD

Supporting Sponsor
2ebff8c95d1d08bf3f364e5a4d3a8ce2.jpg

acddb6ff248ae6b4aa739d8536063b5b.jpg

721a827ebc6399ff956d56ccccf96a14.jpg

Some photos from our recent trip to Overland Expo in Flagstaff, Arizona. Who was able to make it out? Did you get to stop by and see Zilla? What was your favorite vehicle from this years Expo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Britboaters

Observer
I was there at Flagstaff and spent quite a bit of time looking at RebelZilla.
An amazing blend of solid engineering and art - really impressive
I'm just trying to find a donor NPR Crew Cab, some axles, and so on......
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12