JK Overland Project: Expeditions West 3.0

Scott Brady

Founder
A little testing in the Imperial Sand Dunes. . . Overland Journal will have a sand mat/ladder test in the next issue, but in addition to field testing of the units, we also had a little fun with the Jeep.

JK_Overland_SEMA_%20(11).jpg

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Can you give us a hint at which sand ladders you will be testing so we can have a lively debate and see how our thoughts match up to your results?

Scott Brady

Founder
We are testing the PillowTracks, Mantec PSP, Mantec Bridging, SandMat, MaxTrax, Fiberglass TrackPad.

We have one test remaining- load bearing.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Full Tilt is an understatement I bet since you guys have to be in Vegas this weekend sometime right?
Not giving you a hard time or anything as I am flying to Fresno today to finish up the Sportsmobile..more of a shared understanding of full on stress mode :)
But you guys have been here before and did an amazing job, you will again this time I am sure.

Scott Brady

Founder
This will probably be our easiest SEMA in years. Fortunately, this truck is mostly done, and just a few bolt-on projects remain.

Scott Brady

Founder
Fitting the Eezi-Awn 1400
sema_jk_%20(1).jpg

sema_jk_%20(3).jpg

Fitting the FrontRunner slide for the 74L
sema_jk_%20(2).jpg

Ok, this is breaking news stuff. A new company has created a factory-styled switch assembly, which installs above the stereo. More info when they are ready to launch. This is the prototype, so finish and color will be different when produced.
sema_jk_%20(4).jpg

sema_jk_%20(5).jpg

sema_jk_%20(7).jpg

We removed the Daystar tray. This unit is poorly produced and had huge gaps and alignment issues.
sema_jk_%20(10).jpg

You can see the alignment here with the Daystar unit.
sema_jk_%20(11).jpg

sema_jk_%20(12).jpg

Cleaning, detailing and decals next. We roll in the morning.

TheMike

Adventurer
That switch cover is awesome. I'll follow this close as that fits many needs. I wonder if it will cause interference with the MyGig GPS antenna.

Please keep updates to this cover coming ..... if you kind enough to :)

mmccurdy

Adventurer
Ok, this is breaking news stuff. A new company has created a factory-styled switch assembly, which installs above the stereo. More info when they are ready to launch. This is the prototype, so finish and color will be different when produced.

Hm... could this be the patent-worthy Benchmark switch panel of legend?

In any case, it looks awesome -- sign me up :ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78