JK Unlimited Expedition Build

moto-treks

On the road
Do you have any more pictures of the AT JK Storage Stage 2? Id love to see how big the false floor is. Does the entire stage 2 have a bottom piece or does it use the jeep floor as a bottom? Also does it bolt to the exsisting seat mounting bracket holes? Sorry for all the questions. I have been very interested in the Stage 1/ Stage 2/ and fridge combo slide.

I'll post some pics when I get home. The stage 2 does use the Jeep floor as the bottom. If you go with the water bladder option it just lays under the false floor and on top of the Jeep floor. I'll take a look at the mounting. I don't believe it uses the seat mounting holes.

On those equipt1 aluminum boxes - are they lockable? How? Padlock? Doesn't seem to be from the photos.

Yes, they are lockable with both a padlock and an optional lock that fits into the latch. I only use a padlock when I'm heading out of the local area or leaving the Jeep unattended for long periods of time. Otherwise the latch lock should stop those just walking by.

Septu

Explorer
Stage II sits right behind the front passenger seat and in front of stage 1 and requires the removal of the 3/4ths rear seat.

stage2-3.jpg

So the 40 (of the 60/40) seat is still there (kinda hard to see from the pictures)? Looks pretty good!

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
So the 40 (of the 60/40) seat is still there (kinda hard to see from the pictures)? Looks pretty good!

Yeah, Adventure Trailer makes a bracket that makes the 40% back seat work without the 60%. I need that bracket now. I jsut took out my backseat last night

moto-treks

On the road

This shows a bit of how the 60/40 split works. The seat is on the 40% side/seat - stage II takes up the 60% side.

i-CqhqdfX-L.jpg

Last edited:

moto-treks

On the road
Side views

Some more pictures of the Stage 2 storage unit.

Stage 2 with seat - passenger side

Stage 2 with seat - driver side

False bottom with water bladder

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Really enjoyed reading through this build. A lot of great ideas, and complimentary modifications. :beer:
Giving me a lot of great ideas, and my wallet fits... ;)

moto-treks

On the road
UConnect Upgrade

Did a minor software upgrade/hack to my Radio today. I had always been annoyed with not being able to use Siri when my phone was connected via Bluetooth. The other day I found this UConnect thread on the Wrangler Forum for a patch that fixes the UConnect problem.

After getting the patch I followed the update procedure of loading the patch onto a thumb drive and plugging it into the center console USB port. Then you get to say the magic words, "Setup Software Update", and the system start doing its thing

i-C8bcQvR-L.jpg

After about 25 minutes the system was updated

i-Pwq6Bw8-L.jpg

and Siri is available for use while my phone is connected :sombrero:

Yeah, I know, its a small upgrade but I had gotten tired of disconnecting my phone every time I wanted to use Siri. But not anymore :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior