JK Unlimited Expedition Build

moto-treks

On the road
I didn't see any pics of how you mounted them to the GOBI insert? I'm assuming you have the insert?
My GOBI rack should have shipped last week and I was wondering how the boxes would fit when I bolt the down...

Thanks.

Sorry for the long delay. Been a bit busy with work, moto and canoe trips. Yes, I have the insert but I'm thinking of have something custom made as the insert, while useful for bags and stuff, is overkill for these boxes.

They guys at Adventure Trailers made some plastic pucks for me to use as spacers between the boxes and the insert. You can just make out the white plastic puck above the inset mesh.

Four bolts per box

A bit of space up front

Leave enough room so that you can open a box without it hitting the other one

alaska101

Observer

alaska101

Observer
In just found that site the other day well looking at national luma fridges, but never seen the boxes. Thanx again

xkid

Adventurer
Is your Colman a older one? Looks like. Newer ones are a little slimmer I think. Also, I want a gobi and a rtt. I just would like to find a tent where I can use the gobi ladder and get in from the rear.

Is your Colman a older one? Looks like. Newer ones are a little slimmer I think. Also, I want a gobi and a rtt. I just would like to find a tent where I can use the gobi ladder and get in from the rear.

I am eagerly awaiting the new mt baker hardshell rtt's from Bobby at CVT for this very reason

moto-treks

On the road

The Colman is only 2 years old but it's their dual fuel model. Their propane stoves would fit without a problem.

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
Do you have any more pictures of the AT JK Storage Stage 2? Id love to see how big the false floor is. Does the entire stage 2 have a bottom piece or does it use the jeep floor as a bottom? Also does it bolt to the exsisting seat mounting bracket holes? Sorry for all the questions. I have been very interested in the Stage 1/ Stage 2/ and fridge combo slide.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
On those equipt1 aluminum boxes - are they lockable? How? Padlock? Doesn't seem to be from the photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior