Josh's 2014 Xterra Pro 4x - guided by necessity

c800c7c25b4b30ea02fca49f7762ee32.jpg

I was up in the Capital Forest a couple of days before with my MTB (top of C6000 Line). Beautiful in all weather conditions.

I'm a Jeep guy but my Nissan Altima has taken me to many of my adventures 226,000 miles with no problems and 30 MPG. Just used it to go to Salmon ID and rafted the Middle fork of the Salmon if that counts? Nice rig you have there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lndhark

Adventurer
Awesome X-Terra! Really like the ARB bumper and OME lift on yours! I never really considered them but now I'm seriously considering one (Toyota guy here)! We too are moving to the Seattle area and can't wait to explore the Cascades and Olympic Peninsula.

jhberria

Adventurer
c800c7c25b4b30ea02fca49f7762ee32.jpg

I was up in the Capital Forest a couple of days before with my MTB (top of C6000 Line). Beautiful in all weather conditions.

I'm a Jeep guy but my Nissan Altima has taken me to many of my adventures 226,000 miles with no problems and 30 MPG. Just used it to go to Salmon ID and rafted the Middle fork of the Salmon if that counts? Nice rig you have there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I didn't know what to expect from Capitol but it was worth the trip. Definitely makes me want a MTB, though!

Awesome X-Terra! Really like the ARB bumper and OME lift on yours! I never really considered them but now I'm seriously considering one (Toyota guy here)! We too are moving to the Seattle area and can't wait to explore the Cascades and Olympic Peninsula.

Thanks for the kind words. You'll enjoy this area, with the Olympics to the West and Cascades to the East. I've really enjoyed the Xterra, let me know if you have any general questions about the truck if you're considering one.

jhberria

Adventurer
So I spent my Sunday romping around Washington Pass in the southeastern corner of Olympic National Park. My goal in the trip was to spot one or multiple Roosevelt Elk whom occupy the Olympic Peninsula in non-migratory herds. Ultimately, I failed in my elk quest, but it was a worthwhile trip none the less.

While the lowlands of the peninsula are typically packed on the weekends, one only needs to ascend poorly maintained forest service roads high into mountains to be completely alone in a matter of minutes.

The views from Washington Pass were amazing. The pass looks down over Lake Cushman, and ultimately to the south side of the Pugent Sound in the distance.

Cloud-obscured peaks higher on the range.

Had lunch on the hood, soaked it all in.

This would be my fate had I ventured too far to the drivers side. As always, the grade and depth of the slope is hard to capture in a photograph.

The trail quickly became tight as I began to cap the ridge line. Pinstripes don't scurrrr me! Surprisingly, these overgrown, seldom used trails were all on my factory GPS. Some of which weren't even featured on my National Park Service map. Props, Nissan.

Turning around on these tight, sloped roads was a bit of a chore. Backup cameras are for more than just parking at the mall, I've quickly learned.

You can barely see the trail I took up the mountain here, as evidenced by the lines cutting into the trees.

After about 4 hours of running around, driving trails and hiking hillsides, weather started to move in and I had to work my way back down the trail to civilization. The whole way down I had two bald eagles circling overhead, adequate compensation for the absent Roosevelt Elk.

jhberria

Adventurer
Did the Fortune Creek run with The Northwest Xterra Club this weekend. It was a fun trail, terminating in a mountain lake. Here's a few photos, some of which I stole from Trixter404 (hope you don't mind, Steve).

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Ahh, the PNW is so pretty. I can't wait to get back there and go exploring again. Plus the overland scene there is phenomenal.

Truck is looking great as always Josh. Nice photos, looks like a blast.

Jamin_GX

Adventurer
Agree about the PNW being beautiful. One of my favorite places I've travelled. Wish I could drive out there for work instead of flying so I could then make it a little expo trip.

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12