L322 Project: Bacon Slayer

gabrielef

I was eyeballing that tent for a hot minute a couple months ago. Especially during their sale. ALMOST snagged the dual opening TuffStuff tent, but looks like I am going back to my bush Co Black Series Max as of this afternoon haha. So many tents, so little time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
So with that RTT you'll need an IIDTool anyway to level the vehicle off road for sleeping ;)
I will post pics of the Spae tire carrier if I ver get around to it. I have a LOT of other projects to attend to before I get to it. :p

gabrielef

So with that RTT you'll need an IIDTool anyway to level the vehicle off road for sleeping ;)
I will post pics of the Spae tire carrier if I ver get around to it. I have a LOT of other projects to attend to before I get to it. :p

You selling a GAP tool??

BL Rover

I'd never consider owning a LR w/out my trusty GAP tool! Is there a function to auto level it or does it need to be done wheel by wheel using the GAP tool?

BL Rover

Update on my magical diff fluid filling. Stopped by the shop today to see the results of the mechanic's findings (thanks again, Dan!). It looks like someone cracked the oil pan at some point. There is a large crack in the housing that allowed engine oil to pass through, down onto the axle half shaft and then into the front diff. This somewhat lines up with what I was hearing on the FFRR forum, but this wasn't a worn hole due to misalignment of the axle shaft, it looks like the crack was made when the half shaft was being installed perhaps. Seems like they might not have wanted to take apart the hub assembly and tried to just angle the shaft in but it bound and cracked the housing because the angle was too much. The housing material is made of pot metal so shame on LR for the shoddy metal and the ham fisted prior mechanic for the forced entry.

Attachments

• IMG_3749.jpg
    IMG_3749.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3748.jpg
    IMG_3748.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

BL Rover

Replacement Ebay oil pan ordered pretty cheaply, so there's good news there. Since we're in there taking things apart, why not go ahead and do the timing cover seal? Looks like this wasn't done when the donor motor was installed. Getting a new radiator installed as well. The rover developed a leak just before taking it up to the mechanic. Classic. Why do I continue to do this to myself? There are support groups for habits like this, right?

Last edited:

BL Rover

Oil pan is engine out?
Not quite. Oil pan is diff out and diff out is sub frame drop and half shafts removed. Fortunately, we didn't have to pull the engine on this one... unlike the timing chain job just done on my diesel X5. My vehicles are conspiring to drive me into financial ruin lately.

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
You selling a GAP tool??

I'm a part of the GAP team. I sell many IIDTools ;)
I'd never consider owning a LR w/out my trusty GAP tool! Is there a function to auto level it or does it need to be done wheel by wheel using the GAP tool?
Thanks for the kudos! No, unfortunately at the moment, you have to put it in build mode to lock the suspension and adjust the corner heights using the test valves function. Self leveling might be in the works, but I can't talk about that yet...

Aussie Jeepster

This is an enjoyable thread to read. I have an L320 and there is a lot of space under the rear seats, and also if you remove the rear floor and get rid of all the space filler foam in there.

Attachments

• 20230423_121935.jpg
    20230423_121935.jpg
    587.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230518_113744.jpg
    20230518_113744.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • 20230519_122641.jpg
    20230519_122641.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 20
  • arb bag.jpg
    arb bag.jpg
    833.3 KB · Views: 21

BL Rover

I'm a part of the GAP team. I sell many IIDTools ;)

Thanks for the kudos! No, unfortunately at the moment, you have to put it in build mode to lock the suspension and adjust the corner heights using the test valves function. Self leveling might be in the works, but I can't talk about that yet...
I'm excited to learn more! I'll keep my eyes and ears open for developments. Happy to assist with any testing as well. 😁

BL Rover

This is an enjoyable thread to read. I have an L320 and there is a lot of space under the rear seats, and also if you remove the rear floor and get rid of all the space filler foam in there.
I had a very similar set up in my LR3. Really miss all that storage space! Going to get creative with the L322 and build out a kitchen and storage in the back and possibly come up with a plan to utilize the spare tire space under the rear floor.
Planning on doing a week long section of the TransAmerica Trail in March so I need to get to work!

BL Rover

Ok! Back in the saddle. Projects have been coming and going pretty quickly as of late.
After the diff fluid mystery solved with a new oil pan, I moved into some fun maintenance items and upfits.

BL Rover

Began with a rebuild of the suspension air compressor. Tons of youtube videos on this. Super easy job and the difference is very noticeable.

IMG_3892.jpeg73109235064__F047AAC2-EC44-43A0-9C10-1C39A625E316.jpegIMG_3896.jpeg

BL Rover

Pulled the old washer bottle and threw in a smaller, generic one. Prior owner’s 22”wheels hit the old pumps and caused some issues with the washers functioning.
Added my pumps to the new bottle. Had to do some serious mods to keep it “stock”. Even added the washer fluid level sensor. Lots and lots of gasket maker/ silicone.

Still functions as if it were "factory". Only thing I did not add is the headlight washer line and pump. I felt like those were/are unnecessary.

IMG_3925.jpegIMG_3926.jpegIMG_3927.jpegIMG_3928.jpegIMG_3929.jpegIMG_3930.jpegIMG_3931.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior