Land Rover Dormobile for sale

TeriAnn

Explorer
This is not my Dormobile. It belongs to Kent Black in Massachusetts.

1972 Land Rover Dormobile right hand drive, 6 cylinder engine, 54,000 original miles claimed.

Condition of this vehicle is mixed as follows:
Engine and drive train good
Body panels excellent
Frame good
Aluminum trim pitted
Door and window seals and window tracks leak
Rare roof rack

0102090116140104112008013069f4a7295301b1d325009655.jpg

0103020116110104052008013065bc24b8ec9696db4900e818.jpg

Seller is: Kent Black
His email address is: maluti@comcast.net
His asking price is: $10,000

If the condition is as advertised it is a bargain price.

pwc

Explorer
Have it shipped. Or better yet, there are drive-a-way services. I got a lifted Discovery driven from PA to WA for about $700.
Heck, in a month, I'll drive it back for ya if you fly me out there.

HOLY!! WHAT THE!?!?! Expedia says it's $164 for a one way ticket, non-stop flight from SEA-Boston on March 3rd!! dang! I'll gladly go get it for you!

TeriAnn

Explorer
adrenaline503 said:
Too bad I am in Seattle, I would take out a loan for that one.

I have a friend who bought a RHD 6 cylinder Land Rover Dormobile in New Hampshire for about $4000 more than this one is being offered for. His introduction to the vehicle was when he and his family took possession and drove it home to Sacramento Ca.

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Man, that is a dream vehicle! Let's see, go to bank and get cashiers check, book plane ticket for next day, close the deal, slap an Expedition Portal sticker on the rear window and point her towards home (with a few stops inbetweem), yep that would work! Somone here should really pick this up.

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
Andrew Walcker said:
Man, that is a dream vehicle! Let's see, go to bank and get cashiers check, book plane ticket for next day, close the deal, slap an Expedition Portal sticker on the rear window and point her towards home (with a few stops inbetweem), yep that would work! Somone here should really pick this up.

x2

Too bad it can't be me.

Alaska Mike

ExPo Moderator/Eye Candy
I have a solution.
If everyone on ExPo kicks in $5, I will fly down there and purchase the vehicle and drive it back to Alaska where it will undergo an extensive, 15 year series of upgrades and ops checks. After this period is up, I pass it onto the next member on the list and they use it for a while.

I think this is the only fair way to do it.

TeriAnn

Explorer
Andrew Walcker said:

When I drove my Dormobile from California to New York it took me 5 days going out (I was in a rush) and 3-1/2 weeks coming back. With just a stop or two on the way home ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears