Leadville 4WD Adventure... The Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCRover

Adventurer
Come on, you can make it. Skip out on whatever other obligations you have planned... }

If it wasn't a full two day drive out there from the left coast, I would be there! I'll definately make it if this or a similar trip ever happens again... Have a great time!

pangaea

Adventurer
goodtimes said:
I see 2 options for me right now.

1: Drop my truck off in Breckenridge, catch a ride back to the trailhead, run the trail as a passenger, pick up my truck in Breckenridge and finish the trip with it.

2: Meet the group Saturday when you come into breckenridge, and proceed from there.

Anyone up for running shuttle?

If you wanted to do that, I'm sure that we could find someone to help you out with either option.

goodtimes said:
Nathan, what are the roads like getting back to Saturdays campsite? My little sister might come in for the hike, but will be driving a 2wd subaru.

Honestly, I don't know, since I haven't prerun all the way to the campsite. But she could easily make it to the Half Moon camping area, and leave it there. Or we could send someone into Leadville to pick her up, since we'll only be about 15 mins away from town.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
OK, I think this is my plan.

I'm going to meet everyone in camp Friday night. Then I'll either drive around to the far end of saturdays trail and meet everyone there, or get someone to bring me back and run the trail in someones passenger seat.

Little 'sis may come up Saturday and camp with us, saving her a super-early morning. Not sure yet. But that won't affect the groups plans at all. So I'll figure that out today.....and see everyone tomorrow night!

kcowyo

ExPo Original
pskhaat said:
This still leaves the big question, where are we meeting Friday for the drive up?
pangaea said:
We haven't really discussed it yet, but for those coming from the Front Range, I would say somewhere easy to find like the Dino lots off of I-70 (just past the first hog backs as you're heading West into the mountains from Denver, or somewhere near Colorado Mills Mall (ie a Starbucks or some other place where folks can kill time if they get there early).

I'm going to sneak in on this trip. :camping:

I'll be leaving tonight around 6PM. I'll probably camp near Steamboat Springs tonight and drive in to meet up with the group Friday morning.

Is there a confirmed meeting place and time for early morning Friday yet? I could meet up late tonight (midnight-ish) near Evergreen, if that would be easier.

Looking forward to seeing everyone! :beer:

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
kcowyo said:
Is there a confirmed meeting place and time for early morning Friday yet? I could meet up late tonight (midnight-ish) near Evergreen, if that would be easier.

Well, what time would you estimate in Evgrn? I had planned on meeting folks at the Floyd Hill exit on I70 (very near the Evgrn exit) at some time Friday (not sure exactly at what time yet).

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Pskhaat, please post back when you figure it out. I'm sailing tonight so I can't make it to the BBQ.

On a separate note, does anyone have room in their rig for one more? I really want to join on the trip, but have a dying axle shaft I have not been able to replace yet.

I have never been on the trail before so there is a possibility that I might be fine running 2WD most of the trip.

durango_60

Explorer
I'll have an open back seat in my 80, feel free to join. Course that means your gonna be the man with the snow shovel...

gjackson

FRGS
Got a back seat (narrow & minus seat belt) in the 110 if you want to risk it. Unfortunately not so comfortable and no place for GTs dog! :smilies27

cheers

kcowyo

ExPo Original
pskhaat said:
Well, what time would you estimate in Evgrn? I had planned on meeting folks at the Floyd Hill exit on I70 (very near the Evgrn exit) at some time Friday (not sure exactly at what time yet).

I think I'll just plan on catching up sometime Friday around Keystone as you suggested Scott. Gives me more time to spend enjoying the drive down from Steamboat Springs tomorrow morning.

So is there a trail run somewhere Friday or is everyone just meandering into camp during the day?

gjackson

FRGS
I think people are just meandering into camp during the day. Check Nathan's post for the waypoint. We may be leaving Denver at approx 2pm, but that is just an estimate.

cheers

Scott Brady

Founder
I am sure we will have good open seats. I should have one in my truck, and know of several others. It would be great to have you along

pangaea

Adventurer
bigreen505 said:
Pskhaat, please post back when you figure it out. I'm sailing tonight so I can't make it to the BBQ.

On a separate note, does anyone have room in their rig for one more?

I believe that Josh, the guy that preran the trails with me will have a spare seat. I'll confirm with him tomorrow AM, and let you know.

pangaea

Adventurer
gjackson said:
I think people are just meandering into camp during the day. Check Nathan's post for the waypoint. We may be leaving Denver at approx 2pm, but that is just an estimate.

I put the waypoint and directions up on the first post on the first page so that you can find it easily.

The plan right now is that we'll all head up the hill from Golden around 2-3pm on Friday. Anyone who needs to get a hold of us can either call Scott on his cell or me on the Pangaea number (it will be forwarding to my cell all weekend) 303 772-7207

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle