Leadville Weekend Pics and Stories

bh4rnnr

Adventurer
Glad you guys had a good weekend! Looks like the weather held for you out west. Was camping with the family near Pike Peak and we had a lot of rain saturday night. Thanks for the pics.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
A few random pics. I didn't take many this trip...not sure why. Might be because I was hoping the better photographers in the group would take plenty....:ylsmoke:

Attachments

• IMG_0073a.jpg
    IMG_0073a.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0075a.jpg
    IMG_0075a.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0090a.jpg
    IMG_0090a.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0092a.jpg
    IMG_0092a.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0095a.jpg
    IMG_0095a.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0099a.jpg
    IMG_0099a.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0103a.jpg
    IMG_0103a.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 100

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Wow

This was a spectacular trip for me. Thanks so much to everyone. I met a lot of new friends on this one. I made my way into Colorado via the southwest corner, and a visit to Mesa Verde cliff dwellings. From there, I went up through Durango, Silverton and Ouray. That is a spectacular route. I met up with Jonathan and Peter in Ouray and we camped in Yankee Boy basin. Then I was off to Montrose, then across through Gunnison and Monarch pass, eventually ending up in Pine Jct. to meet my brother for lunch. From there I headed to Dillon/Montezuma to meet the rest of the group for camp. Graham put on a sweet Africa Overland slideshow for us (part 1). Some 4-wheeling above treeline the next day was incredible, and then lunch at the Brackenridge brewery. Then off across Hoosier and Weston passes with Nathan & Tracy into the Leadville area. After our original plan was adjusted due to occupied campsites, we had to scout the area and managed to meet up with Chuck. Thanks to Tracy we found a nice group campsite and all was well and we settled in for the evening. Another sweet slideshow (Africa Overland pt. 2) and some great curry chicken thanks to Connie, and I was ready to get some rest for the Elbert summit. It was really cool to see Brian (Goodtimes), Chuck, KC and Scott (pskhaat) again, all of whom came from outside of Colorado for the trip. And it was great to see Nathan and Tracy again, and finally get to meet lots of others in person.

Some pics...

Attachments

• co06001.jpg
    co06001.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 35
  • co06002.jpg
    co06002.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 42
  • co06003.jpg
    co06003.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 41
  • co06004.jpg
    co06004.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 39
  • co06005.jpg
    co06005.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 35
  • co06006.jpg
    co06006.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 148

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
More pics... (by the way, you guys are posting up some great stuff! Keep it coming!)

Attachments

• co06007.jpg
    co06007.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 35
  • co06008.jpg
    co06008.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 46
  • co06009.jpg
    co06009.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 69
  • co06010.jpg
    co06010.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 84
  • co06011.jpg
    co06011.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 78
  • co06012.jpg
    co06012.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 86
  • co06013.jpg
    co06013.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 42

kcowyo

ExPo Original
goodtimes said:
KC, no matter how much you liked my bead story, it still doesn't match Chucks "Alaskan Adventures" story ("that things gotta be anchored down there or something"). :smilies27

I thought it was Reno....? Or was it Laughlin....? And I think I'm going to be sick again......:smilies27 :smilies27

Ursidae69 said:
To Goodtimes and kcowyo, thanks for all the laughs Sunday night, that was fun. Sorry again K.C. for our prank on Monday morning! It’ll never happen again! Really! ********… :shakin: :shakin:

You've now tried to run me over (twice), locked me in the "Condo" (TM Goodtimes 2006), manipulated Goodtimes into trying to blow me up, shortchanged me on the mouth watering elk burritos and made me deathly ill with that Alaska/Reno/wherever story.

I think I need a new camping buddy.....:ar15:

Seldom Seen

Observer
Heather and I would like to thank every one for letting us tag along. We really enjoyed getting out. With all the craziness around our homestead, these past few months, it was great to get out just for the fun of it, it gave us a chance to relax and reverse that rectal cranial inversion that has been building up.

K.C. and Perry thanks for pointing us in the direction of ExPo.

Good Times, we hope Jake didn't wear Cherokee out to much, Jake slept the entire way home and didn't wake up till we were done unpacking.

Scott and Chris, you guys are my heroes, thanks again for the compliments on the 'Runner.

gjackson, the slide show was awesome and inspirational, thanks for sharing.

On to the pix,

Attachments

• dc1.jpg
    dc1.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 101
  • dc3.jpg
    dc3.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 36
  • dc4.jpg
    dc4.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 89
  • ew2.jpg
    ew2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 67

Seldom Seen

Observer
KC, sorry H and I must have talked your ear off on Sun, I don't think we let you get a word in edge wise. Thanks again for the tour of the condo and sharing some tips.

Any way I just got back from Oleg's :D

Attachments

• 100_0808 (2).jpg
    100_0808 (2).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_0809 (2).jpg
    100_0809 (2).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 66

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Seldom Seen said:

Nice. That is pretty much the #1 recommended modification to any rig, IMO. It is so nice to not have to worry constantly about the rocker panels....the trips are much less stressful, and so much more enjoyable.

Cherokee slept well for several days. Today she seems about back to normal (which means she is back to being abnormal). No sign of further injury to the bad knee...not even a little limp. She's doin good! :D

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Seldom Seen said:
Scott and Chris, you guys are my heroes, thanks again for the compliments on the 'Runner.

You are most definitely welcome! It's so neat that you two just happened to be camped near the group on Friday night, and we met up. That was great. It was a pleasure to meet you both (and Jake too :D ). I hope to see you guys again. Congrats on the Oleg hardware. It looks fantastic.

As a good friend of mine says, "here's to meeting good people on bad roads" :beer:

Scott Brady

Founder
Seldom Seen said:

Another first class mod to a first class truck!

Great to meet you both. I am sure this will be the first of many adventures... :archaeolo

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
I'll need to get the 35mm film->digital and post up, it may take me a while. In the meantime, please keep the pics coming :) I'm stuck in training classes and bored!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle