Lets see some full size pictures...

inked33

Adventurer
And the most recent picture....

DSCN0151.JPG

looks great without all that chrome. btw what paint did you use on your wheels? thinking about painting mine in a few weeks

jagular7

Adventurer
Won this at an online auction.
100_1138.jpg

100_1137.jpg

100_1136.jpg

05 F350, 11,500#GVW, 6.0lTD, 5-sp auto, 3.73s, 4x4, cloth int., ps, pb, air, cruise, tilt, B&W flat bed with tool boxes, 112k miles. A lot of the problems with the early 6.0s have been warrantied already. From what I had to powerwash off from underneath, I think the previous owner overhauled and didn't take care of the truck. I sprayed for 2 days underneath. Took off 400#s of dirt and gravel. THere was 4" on top of the rear fuel tank.

I was told by city officials, the flat bed is prohibited from parking in residential areas. Though it is a hard translation from the list, I don't think my truck qualifies. Doesn't matter, I told them I'm selling just the flat bed as it doesn't work for me and my needs. They didn't give me a time limit but I do have to provide documentation on the sale effort. Not a problem, just listing it in CL and provide that link to them.

Didn't know what to ask for the bed, but found another without tool boxes on top but in perfect condition for $4300. So I priced mine at $3450. I think I would prefer a service utility bed with a cap rather than a pickup bed with a cap.

cyclic

Adventurer
I just read the web page you listed, here is your fix..........

"Where can I park an over-sized vehicle or my commercial truck?
Vehicles with a designated weight specification in excess of one ton shall not be parked in residentially zoned areas. Any vehicle taller than seven feet, wider than eight feet or longer than 18 feet shall not be parked on residential streets or property.

Other vehicles specifically prohibited in residential areas are:

• flat bed trucks

• dump trucks

• utility wreckers

• tandem axle trucks

• cab and chassis trucks (does not include standard pickups or factory built cab and bed trucks which are designed as a singular unit) if they meet size regulations

Exception: Any vehicle that is performing a service to or upon property in the block where the vehicle is parked or standard passenger vehicles, or recreational vehicles."

Put a camper top of some sort on it and call it an RV!!!!! It is SPECIFICALLY exempted from this parking statute. Hell a ladder rack with a roof top tent or soft top would also qualify, doesn't matter if they like it or not, it's the rules!!!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Those parking regs would have half my town in jail! I park my F350 crewcab lonbox in the "small car" spaces!:sombrero:

Chuck

I have more fullsize projects than sense. Tend to prefer my trucks old and ugly compared to the pretty rigs posted up, less gets stolen. :)

My half ton project has been going on for about three years, but I had to put it on hold for the last two while I finished my masters (I needed more truck money). I'll be restarting it this winter after I finish reassembling the one ton and swapping beds this weekend on the 3/4 ton.

The half ton started like this:

workandplay.jpg

Got naked for a while:

dsc00524.jpg

And most recently looks a little more like this:

dsc00784.jpg

dsc00799.jpg

There's been quite a bit more work done since, but not much in the way of extra pictures. It's built primarily with tight forest trails and some recovery in mind, and not too heavy on rock or mud. Once it's done we'll probably pair it later on with some sort of pop-up camper trailer. Really looking forward to getting back into this project.

The 3/4 ton will be set up initially as a light duty expedition camper. This pictures are from the last time the bed was off, but this Saturday she's about to get the pristine gray bed off the truck behind her in the photo, which went to the scrappers earlier this year. She'll also grow a fiberglass cap and a sleeping platform. She serves as my wife's daily driver to work, and our light duty tow rig (good for pulling four wheel drives out to trails, and intended to give us a place to camp in back without the work of setting up a tent).

dsc00979.jpg

I don't have any pictures of the one ton yet, but she's an 87 crew cab that is being built as a heavy tow rig. The last owner used and abused her heavily - he even loaded the bed with enough sand to break the bed floor (turns out that's about four tons, based on how high up the bed sides I measured marks from the sand). I've been reassembling her off and on for the last year and a half or so, but she still has quite a way to go. I yanked her bed this past Sunday, and it will be joining the bed off the 3/4 ton on the way to the scrap yard in about a week and a half. The one ton has a 92" wide dropside flatbed in her future, which I'll probably build later this fall if all goes well.

Nice board, this. Hopefully I'll have a chance to hang out a while. :ylsmoke:

jagular7

Adventurer
I just read the web page you listed, here is your fix..........
.....snip.....Put a camper top of some sort on it and call it an RV!!!!! It is SPECIFICALLY exempted from this parking statute. Hell a ladder rack with a roof top tent or soft top would also qualify, doesn't matter if they like it or not, it's the rules!!!

There are rules for campers, trailers, etc in resedential areas as well. I was in court that day for a 'luggage' trailer that didn't get put away while I was at work. They have written warnings to me concerning it and that day I was summons to appear in court. Now I'm in a 1yr probation for city ordnances.
This is the trailer in the driveway.
100_0947.jpg

What I think is a neighbor works for the city and has to drive by my house and see it on their way to work.

When the bed sells, I'll be replacing it with a service bed. There is nothing in the ordnances about that type of bed and I'll double check with the officers. When they stated the flat bed is prohibited, I asked to see the ordnance. They should that. From my reading it clearly shows not a light duty vehicle but medium and heavy duty vehicle are prohibited. The F350 is still considered a light duty vehicle by mfrs standard. They didn't like that. So to appear in court and probably with a lawyer over something I'm selling, probably not a battle I'd like to be involved with especially when its my green$$$.

Bullseye240

Adventurer
And people wonder why I hate living in a city!!!!!! A guy who owns a truck he works with can't even park it at HIS OWN HOUSE!!!!

angusdevil

Adventurer
looks great without all that chrome. btw what paint did you use on your wheels? thinking about painting mine in a few weeks

I used 3 coats of etching primer, 3 coats of primer and 3 coats of flat black. It was a pretty straight forward job. So far it's held up really well.

dude you stalker
i didn't know you were on here?

Haha, yup, I get around.

Rusty-Ford

Observer
well.. nothing special but at least a good platform for me and my family...
Here is my 99 "expedition" vehicle.
Some future upgrades will be:
-33" tires
-4.56 gearing
-edge programmer
-storage system in the rear
maybe
-some beefy bumpers and sliders
Gotta keep it the reliable family hauler as it only has 98000 on it and we need it to last a good while longer!

These are some pics of our families recent vacation to the white mountains in NH.. the cloudy/foggy ones are from the top of Mount Washington where visibility stunk!

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

took this one to be goofy
IMG_0585-1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998