Lets See Your Fold Down Tables!

v_man

Explorer
Not sure if it's Expo™ approved , but this is our fold up table ...

IMG_3297_zpsziqyww2k.jpg

ab1985

Explorer
I used a removable wood shelf with L-bracket attachments and picture wire on my 4Runner. It worked well, but I didn't like storing it inside the vehicle. I've been using a hinge and picture wire on the storage drawer table in my 80 and it's works well (1st iteration pictured below). I am going to do something similar when the rear bumper I ordered arrives. I love the table in that location and ordered a single swing out tire carrier that spans the width of the bumper specifically to accommodate.

JackW

Explorer
My table is stored inside next to the fridge and hangs from the roof rack ladder using a cord tied off to the roof rack. It sets up in under 30 seconds.
I could easily make it larger but this is about the right size for making a trail side lunch.

Last edited:

NM-Frontier

Explorer
I love all of the diffrent styles that have been posted here, lots of creative ideas being shared!:sombrero:

JackW that is slick, way to make use of the ladder.

JackW

Explorer
Thanks - a friend of mine gave me the idea of using the ladder - he used a vertical leg to support the table top but I had idea of using a cord to make it self supporting.
There is a neat little ratcheting block that you can get at Home Depot that works real well to hold up the back end. It attaches to a loop on the roof rack.

I also carry one of these little folding tables from Walmart - it stows away in the roof tent.

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Similar to Jack's idea but using a camera monopod for support from below...

vo925t.jpg

14tmxso.jpg

Kinda funny, Jack and I also have the exact same aluminum table from Walmart and do the exact same thing with it.

JackW

Explorer
What's even funnier is that I used a monopod for the first trial on my table too - after accidentally kicking the monopod and dumping the contents of the table on the ground I came up with the suspension idea.
Picture from 2011...

FJR Colorado

Explorer
What's even funnier is that I used a monopod for the first trial on my table too - after accidentally kicking the monopod and dumping the contents of the table on the ground I came up with the suspension idea.
Picture from 2011...

Maybe I'll have to upgrade to a tripod :)

On mine the table is almost self-supporting. Hard to tell from the pics, but underneath a channel slips over a metal lip about 1" wide. There is a 1/4" x 20 screw-down on the other side if the lip. The monopod does give it support against flapping.

Last edited:

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Thanks for every ones great table ideas, here is mine that I put together this weekend.
photo%2B3%2B%283%29.JPG

Made with 12"x24" sheet aluminum and stainless cord and hardware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan