Lewis and Clark, et. al - 2 months and 8,000 miles in a FJ40.

timaus13

Observer
Just Fantastic

Mate, Big Thank you for taking the time to share your travels and photo's with us. I am hooked and looking forward to more of the same :)
cheers

Off Duty

Adventurer
Just spent an hour reading 7 pages and....????
Is there more?
What about the trip up the west coast?

Loved it! Very cool!

Subscribed, in case it ever comes back....

tglaser

Observer
Alright. Where were we? Right, just about to cross back over into the land of milk and honey. Let's go, then.

And just so you know, this 15 month delay was on purpose, I'm part of a very sophisticated memory-testing experiment. Glad to have you along...

sandalscout

Adventurer
Alright. Where were we? Right, just about to cross back over into the land of milk and honey. Let's go, then.

And just so you know, this 15 month delay was on purpose, I'm part of a very sophisticated memory-testing experiment. Glad to have you along...

HAHAHAHA!!!! Yes, really do hope this one continues, been waiting a long time!

DarinM

Explorer
Was out in your neck of the woods a couple weeks ago on my motorcycle. Love the ride out through Blanco and that area.
Maybe I'll see you one of these days. It would be nice to say hello and check out your rig.
Definitely looking forward to reading the rest of your story. It's been a long time coming.

tglaser

Observer
Last photo I took in Mexico.

IMG_0493.JPG

I think the last you heard from me I was getting the 'ol girl patched up as good as possible in Rosario and headed for Southern California to continue the damage assessment... So that's where we'll start back off.

Remind yourself of the fishing crew I met in Bahia de Los Angeles a couple weeks before - the lawyer, the hotel owner, and the ex-Navy Seal. Cause that's who I decided to call when I finally crossed the border at TJ. I figured what the hell, they seemed nice enough. Well I tell ya, they were nice and then some. The lawyer, Scott, offered up his guest house in Alpine for as long as I needed and also happened to have a close friend who used to work as aeronautical engineer - the Weber in my cruiser was cake for him. Don, the SEAL, took me under his wing and showed me around his old stomping grounds between there and Coronado. I met lots of interesting people, heard some great stories and was imagine most of them were true.

There aren't many photos from this week-long retooling mission, so we'll move fast, but I did want to take a few sentences to mention the extreme generosity I received during this part of the trip. Those guys were great guys, and we'll forever be friends because of it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12