Lone Wolf Transglobal Expedition

Lone Wolf

Observer
Thank you for the support everyone!

Just recieved a couple of photos from Daniel, unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to get in contact in Laos. First is a scenic view driving to a hill tribe in Laos.

DSC00492.jpg

Here is one of a tribal person Dan gave a lift to,

Tribelift.jpg

This little leech was on Dan's foot for half a day, he didn't even notice until he took his shoe off.

DSC00648.jpg

I have a whole load of photos of local foods, for those who are interested, not for the weak stomached (or vegetarians), here is a sample, monkey skin,

DSC00297.jpg

Nick

Last edited:

pismo62

Adventurer
I've been following the postings and the pictures. It looks like you guys are having a great trip. The food looks interesting. The leaches work fantastic for purifyiing the blood system. At least that's what they thought in the old days.
I also caught a write-up on your travels in the Land Rover journel. (LRO) Nice layout.
Keep the posts up and Thanks

Lone Wolf

Observer
Thanks for the support,

We are in Los Angeles now, just waiting for the wolf to arrive next week (24th August). We have uploaded a few videos from Cambodia onto the website, and here is a sample of one day in the jungles

We have just spent the last couple of days in a place called "Joshua Tree" in California, an amazing place in the middle of the desert. Such a shame we didn't have the wolf, as it is difficult to explain to people what we are doing without it! While waiting for the truck to arrive, we are staying in Venice beach, Los Angeles, where we will be meeting up again with Rowan and Gabby, before they head home.

Many thanks, and keep following the website, more updates to follow soon,

The Lone Wolf Transglobal Expedition team

viter

Adventurer
Any updates? hope everything is well and you guys are having fun!!!
Did anybody from the forum meet up with these guys anywhere in California by any chance?

Lone Wolf

Observer
We wanted to meet up with Martyn from Adventure Trailers, and we met up with another guy called Paul Reyes, but once we got the wolf released, we were suddenly really pressed for time to get on the road to Mexico.

Was a real pity, as it would have been great to meet up with a few more like minded people. We nearly met with these guys yesterday in Land Rover, Santa Fe, Mexico City, but missed them by an hour! Pole to Pole manpowered

Thanks for the support, we are having a great time in Mexico, bring on Guatemala! it's just such a shame we have to move so quickly through this place now.

Lone Wolf Transglobal Expedition

Lone Wolf

Observer
Thank you for the support,

sorry for the lack of updates, Daniel is in Guatemala now, having driven through Mexico and into Belize. We spent a week on a boat with some local Belizean fishermen, diving for lobster. We didn't really have the eye for spotting the lobster, which is the hardest part, but we did get to dive in some of the most amazing waters in the world. I even swam with a very large (and old) loggerhead turtle, and with a couple of hawksbill turtles.

The reef (extending from Cancun in Mexico) is the second largest barrier reef in the world. It would be even more heavily populated with marine life, had we not arrived immediately after hurricane Dean hammered the region. Unfortunately, we had two reasonable underwater cameras, and Daniel left them both in the truck!

After that, we headed to the West of Belize, towards Guatemala, where we met with the British Army, who to our great surprise, had about 5 expedition trailers of the same make and model as ours. they too were not particularly impressed with the trailer, but I suspect theirs didn't contain fridges... ;)

We have been very busy here in the last few weeks, hence the lack of updates, but the website will be updated shortly, with many photos from Mexico and Belize.

Thank you once again for your support,

Nicholas Moylan and the Lone Wolf Transglobal Expedition Team

Lone Wolf

Observer
I feel bad now!!

I have uploaded a few photos online while we are putting together fuller journals, and uploading to our website.

Camping in Baja
DSC01411.jpg

180 Degrees Expedition, who we met in Belize City, they are supposed to be manpowered, but we can't keep up with them...
DSC01615.jpg

Musician in Guanjato, Mexico.
DSC01576.jpg

The latest addition to our trailer, a bottle opener, courtesy of Roverholic
DSC01651.jpg

Mexican Armed forces like to have a parade like no other country we have visited!
P9030114.jpg

Campsite on Playa Tortuga, where Turtles came up to the beach during the night to lay eggs in the sand around us
P9070107.jpg

Mexico has the most wonderfully diverse terrain and environments, from Desert, to Pine forests, in the mountains to the jungles, this is one of the Volcanos to the East of Mexico City, we were at 10,000 ft
P9150227.jpg

Daniel near 1000ft falls in Belize
P9250101.jpg

Daniel and the wolf on logging tracks in the West of Belize
P9250124.jpg

P9250145.jpg

I have a many more photos, and am hoping to upload these in the immediate future, please bear with us, as we are very busy at the moment, planning shipping to Spain, and planning a party to mark the completion of the expedition.

Thanks for the support,

Nick and the Lone Wolf team

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan