MB 1217A RV update thread - Big Foot

EuroJoe

Adventurer
Hey Joe, whats the thinking behind the trailer? more living space? tried to find something on the website but didnt have any luck. great build and thanks

S

Joe

Observer
Hi,

the idea behind is to have a simple and cheap solution for a room to work, keep the tools, spares etc. etc.. The complete trailer and container so far cost so far ~3.300 EUR, incl. paint, shelves, ... . Try to built something in a conventional way - no chance.
Plus IF I have to work or move or ... somewhere else I just put the container on the trailer, connect it to Big Foot and off I am. :smiley_drive:

Joe

Observer
Hi,

poooh, is was a lot of work to compile and finish the big Iceland-trip with a total length of 8 weeks. But now I finally managed to finish and upload it! Because of the volume I have split it up in 8 parts, the link guides to the first week, the start of the tour, with not that many pics and nothing about Iceland itself. Who is interested in that part – enjoy it – otherwise just skip to part 2. NB: Even though the parts are still really huge!

I wish you will have as much fun as I had!

http://www.gertenbach.info/e_reise_2010_Iceland_1.htm

Hier geht's zu dem Update.

2010_Island_0600_Dynjandi_21.08.JPG

Joe

Observer
Hi Anon (?),

sorry, not at the moment. Started last year my own company and used the "popularity" of my homepage for my business. So the private part is hidden, but in such a way that the old URL's still work.
Currently I am planning to create a new homepage which will include the old pages but that means a lot of work! So far I am collecting all the small modifications etc. on Big Foot and will add them once the new homepage is up and running.
Because of the own, new business I unfortunately don't have the time for bigger tours, so you are not missing much. :)

Anton2k3

Adventurer
Hey Joe, which URL's still work? What business have you started? Something to do with building expedition vehicles I hope, as you obviously have a talent for it!

You may be able to help me actually...I gather mercedes vario 814da 4x4's are quite common in germany? Do you know of anywhere I could pick up the running gear from to convert out 2x4 vario?

Or know anything about fitting a diff lock to vario axle?

Thanks,

Anton

Coachgeo

Explorer
new biz

Best of luck in your new biz. Can't do worse than I did lol

(lost biz, lost quater million, all my savings, all my possessions including my Mog and now around 30grand in debt w/no job. So im a little stubborn. But unlike one Italian Capt. I did go down w/my ship fighting:snorkel:

Joe

Observer
Hi Anton,

sorry, the Vario is not my "battlefiled" :) . You better check that out in the http://www.allrad-lkw-gemeinschaft.de forum. Don't worry, writing in English is not an issue!

Any URL's / link posted here or in other forums are still valid. If you know go to www.gertenbach.info you find out everything about my business (tripods for broadcast applications, front side mirrors, ...), you can as well select as well English.

If you go on the business-webside to "contact" and hit there the logo on the top right you will find my private Homepage.

@coachgeo: I wish you good luck! Hope you will recover soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior