mcm4090 Frontier build

mcm4090

Explorer
Will gwhipp post was enough to get me motivated to start on the snorkel.:costumed-smiley-007
Today I got the snorkel mount to the fender.
truck008.jpg

truck001.jpg

No real issue with the install. I did paint the clap that holds for the head of the snorkel on to the neck so it's not noticeable. I was impress with well it formed to the body of the truck.

truck005.jpg

truck006.jpg

The pictures didn't come out that good so I will take some more when a finish the tubing that goes to the air box to the snorkel.

Last edited:

RgrBox

Adventurer
Mike, that's soem great looking work you've done there.. makes me more the jealous.. I'm surprized you don't have the camper over the bed of the truck.. The Nissan Navaras are very much liked over here.. yours is another demension..

RB

biglos454

Adventurer
really nice build! i have a buddy with a frontier and after i showed him this thread he got real pumped up about finishing his. he got some really great ideas from your truck. great job man. cant wait to see more progress.

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Mike! The snorkel looks flipping awesome! Looks like the install went well. But who is the ugly dude taking the picture? :sombrero:

Nice job man, thanks for posting up.

mcm4090

Explorer
Mike! The snorkel looks flipping awesome! Looks like the install went well. But who is the ugly dude taking the picture? :sombrero:

Nice job man, thanks for posting up.

What are you talking about? bald is in.:ylsmoke:

CoalCreek2009342.jpg

Oh, and do you have any plumbing pictures from the snorkel install? I'd like to see the connections for the piping.

Have you noticed any fuel mileage increases, or decreases for that matter?

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
I didn't see any increase or decrease in my mileage. But I did get a little better throttle response.

Oh and BTW, watch out for little birdies getting sucked into the airbox. Yep, no kidding! Last time I cleaned the air filter there was a very small in the airbox. Still trying to figure out it happened but I have pix to prove it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears