mcm4090 Frontier build

mcm4090

Explorer
Looks cool - do the centercaps go back on easily? I'd be worried that the thickness of paint on both would cause them to not go back on properly.

I didn't paint them and I had no problem installing the caps. Here is what the rims look like the caps in.

paintedwheels008.jpg

paintedwheels006.jpg

paintedwheels007.jpg

mcm4090

Explorer
Rear bumper

A friend and fellow NOAS was selling his rear KMA bumper and give me a great deal.

I am really excited because this is not your typical KMA bumper. The former owner had added some bed side protection to ether side of the bumper.

bumper007.jpg

bumper002-1.jpg

bumper004.jpg

Since I have a body lift I will have to move mounting brackets so that the bumper look right on my truck.

mcm4090

Explorer
I finally got the KMA rear bumper that I bought from Mr.Plow on. Since since I have a body lift on I had to get the bumper moved up. Got new rear bumper brackets from KMA for a body for only $25.
I plan to paint the bumper black and the bed side protection silver but I wont have time this month and since I think the silver looks good on my black truck I am in no hurry.

rearbumper011.jpg

rearbumper002.jpg

rearbumper014.jpg

rearbumper004.jpg

rearbumper010.jpg

rearbumper014.jpg

I'd like to see how strong those quarter panel protection bars are. Can you use it as a jack point? Or does that start bending things?

Too bad you didn't get a multi-carrier, mine is awesome. :)

mcm4090

Explorer
I'd like to see how strong those quarter panel protection bars are. Can you use it as a jack point? Or does that start bending things?

Too bad you didn't get a multi-carrier, mine is awesome. :)

haven't tried to jack the truck up from there so I don't know.

I do wish I got the multi-carrier. Maybe I can add it later.

haven't tried to jack the truck up from there so I don't know.

I do wish I got the multi-carrier. Maybe I can add it later.

Not that you're going to want to throw down $950 coin now that you have Mr Plow's bumper, but I imagine getting a multicarrier built would end up being easier and cheaper than modding what you have.

mcm4090

Explorer
got out for a sunday drive on the trails this past week. When my wife was driving the truck up a rocky hill, the truck roll back in to some rocks (at 5:37in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuoKYmNNfNk ).
Man was I happy I had that KMA bumper with that side protection. save the bed!
Only got a few scratches on the bumper.

293.jpg

mcm4090

Explorer
riiiiiiiiiiiight...blame it on the wifey! ;)

ha:sombrero:
I was actually surprised that she was will to do it. Most of the times when there is an obstacle, she doesn't what to do it or stops half way and backs out. I was really proud how will she did.

mcm4090

Explorer
I took some pic's on my last outing to show the good amount of up and down travel you can get with just these coilovers and stock control arms.

All 4 tires were still on the ground.
P1040882.jpg

Driver's front compressed.
P1040884.jpg

Passenger front at full drop. See how the upper control arm dose NOT contact the coil-bucket.
P1040886.jpg

Here are some shot of the rear suspension with just AC 3-leafs AAL's and longer shocks.

driver's rear
P1040874.jpg

passenger rear.
P1040888.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan