mcm4090 Frontier build

mcm4090

Explorer
new rims

Forgot to update this. I installed my wheels that I got from discount tire direct few weeks go. Great sevice.
They are the American Outlaw Wheels COLT series.

rims025.jpg

One of the reasons I switch rims was to reduce weight. The steel rims I had on weighed 34lbs and the new rims weigh same amount as the stock rims at 24lbs.
The other reason was to bring the tire in more. In order to fit the steel rims I had to use wheel adapters witch may the wheels stick also 3" pass the fenders. With the COLT rims I am at 1.5" pass the fender.

rims027.jpg

axr

Observer
nice wheels there :)
i know the weight is a factor here.. but arent you thinking about the toughness of the steel wheel?
Alloy they bent faster

mcm4090

Explorer
nice wheels there :)
i know the weight is a factor here.. but arent you thinking about the toughness of the steel wheel?
Alloy they bent faster

true steel is stronger but the likelihood bending a alloy is rare. I used my stock wheel for 3 years and never bent one.
With the consent rising of gas prices it's cheaper to replace an alloy rim when you bend it instead of running steel rims all the time.

axr

Observer
true steel is stronger but the likelihood bending a alloy is rare. I used my stock wheel for 3 years and never bent one.
With the consent rising of gas prices it's cheaper to replace an alloy rim when you bend it instead of running steel rims all the time.

good point.. looking at gas price like now.. i think if you add them all up it will cover the alloy wheels bent and buy a new one :) hehehe

mcm4090

Explorer
Painted grill

There is a Black Pro4x at the dealer by my house. After looking at that for a few days I had to do it.

With a little guidance from Jagger on the phone I attempted to paint my grill to match the paint of the truck. For my first try I think it came out good but I do need redo it in some spots.

paintedgrill003.jpg

paintedgrill002.jpg

mcm4090

Explorer
American Outlaw Wheels painted black

A huge thanks to Jagger and Jeff24 (two NOAS members). They really did all the work and there is no I could have got this done without them. Thanks guys.
Ok so Saturday we all meet up at Jagger's house to paint my American Outlaw Colt wheels. I think they turned out great. Right now the center caps off I will put them on in a few days.

paintedwheels001.jpg

paintedwheels002.jpg

paintedwheels003.jpg

paintedwheels004.jpg

RonapRhys

Adventurer
Looks cool - do the centercaps go back on easily? I'd be worried that the thickness of paint on both would cause them to not go back on properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan