MCObray's 1997 Subaru Outback.

tip

Adventurer
For sale already... that didn't take long! Looking forward to your next build thread, love the documentation and great photos.

Good luck with the sale

MCObray

Explorer
For sale already... that didn't take long! Looking forward to your next build thread, love the documentation and great photos.

Good luck with the sale

I don't hold on to vehicles very long, given my track records. Thanks, and hopefully she will be going to a good home here soon.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I don't hold on to vehicles very long, given my track records. Thanks, and hopefully she will be going to a good home here soon.

any thoughts on what you will be moving on next? similar? more traditional like your previous vehicles?

MCObray

Explorer
any thoughts on what you will be moving on next? similar? more traditional like your previous vehicles?

Something along the lines of my previous vehicle. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed the Subaru, I just miss the aspect of an SUV/Truck. I know this Subaru could tackle most terrain that I will end up traveling on, I just prefer something with a bit more overkill and 4WD low/E-Locker.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Something along the lines of my previous vehicle. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed the Subaru, I just miss the aspect of an SUV/Truck. I know this Subaru could tackle most terrain that I will end up traveling on, I just prefer something with a bit more overkill and 4WD low/E-Locker.

I hear you, gives you more options, Subarus are fun too

Second Gen Xterra?

MCObray

Explorer
I hear you, gives you more options, Subarus are fun too

Second Gen Xterra?

Yeah, the Subaru is just a machine in this PNW weather we have been having. Handled 1' of snow on unplowed roads with ease and felt planted the whole time doing it.

No Nissan's for this guy. I think i'll be getting back into a 4Runner or Tacoma. I really miss my 3rd Gen 4Runner...

mortonm

Expedition Leader
We had a 96 Limited growing up (no locker)

I still think its one of the best looking SUVs ever, and if it werent for the Toyota Tax would likely have one over my Xterra

MCObray

Explorer
We had a 96 Limited growing up (no locker)

I still think its one of the best looking SUVs ever, and if it werent for the Toyota Tax would likely have one over my Xterra

Yeah, the exterior has been my favorite for what I can afford by far. Smooth lines go a long way. Yeah, the Toyota Tax is going to be harsh. When people are listing there 4Runner for $6500+ with 200,xxx or more miles, i'm going to searching for a diamond in the rough!

aw man, I was loving this build. I am in the same situation with my Subaru as well. Look forward to your next.

It was just a matter of time... Whatcha looking to get into? I really love the hawkeye Subaru's and wish I could afford one.

Laxaholic

Adventurer
Hawkeye Subaru's? I think mine is one? I'm not too familiar with that kind of Subie info. I'm actually looking to get back into an SUV myself, so you could always pick up mine! Just had the timing belt, etc etc done and new brakes!

MCObray

Explorer
Hawkeye Subaru's? I think mine is one? I'm not too familiar with that kind of Subie info. I'm actually looking to get back into an SUV myself, so you could always pick up mine! Just had the timing belt, etc etc done and new brakes!

I'm referencing the generation, or better yet, the headlight design... as in your generation of Subaru belongs under the Hawkeye exterior style. Love em, love em.

Ha! Thanks, but too far, and i'm going in the opposite directions, as for my wants/needs in a vehicle.

Laxaholic

Adventurer
I'm looking at such a wide range of vehicles myself; BMW 335d, Audi s4 Quattro, Tacoma 2ng gen, Forester XT in the new body, etc

MCObray

Explorer
I'm looking at such a wide range of vehicles myself; BMW 335d, Audi s4 Quattro, Tacoma 2ng gen, Forester XT in the new body, etc

Yeah, you're quite across the board to say the least.

3rd Gen 4Runner for me. Tacoma's, even abused ones, have absurd asking prices that I'm simply not willing to pay. 4Runners are pushing it, but I really enjoyed my last one for the 6 months I had. I could always resort back to an XJ, but that would take a lot.

Laxaholic

Adventurer
I agree, the 4runner is a much better deal...that even seems more usable thanks to the long roof lines and my roofracks. I just hate the terrible lack of range with the 3rd gens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78