Mitsu Fuso Camper examples

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
What wheels and tyres are on your truck

Not mine...was a customers.....he fitted them himself. Not sure how legal it was though as they would be well above the diameter of the tyres stated on the tyre placard. Not sure about load rating of them either.

syke

Adventurer
Haven asked me to add this picture to the thread.
It was taken at the Overland Expo 2013.

Enjoy.

DSC_7337.JPG

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
If anyone is interested, that is Buckstopper's truck.
I like the setup but that camper body looks really long on the chassis. Maybe it's the photo, but to me this does not look like it would pass the 60% rule.
Is that something just us here in Oz have to deal with?

Buckstopper

Adventurer
If anyone is interested, that is Buckstopper's truck.
I like the setup but that camper body looks really long on the chassis. Maybe it's the photo, but to me this does not look like it would pass the 60% rule.
Is that something just us here in Oz have to deal with?

It's a SWB so it's pushing the 60% rule a bit. I was pleased with how it performed on the course at OX13. The camper never touched the ground but the truck bumper plowed a bit of dirt. The SWB did really well cresting the humps. The T case cleared everything. Not bad for a totally stock suspension.

Buckstopper

haven

Expedition Leader
Buckstopper's notes about his build are here
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/105380-Buckstopper-s-FG-Build

In a collection of photos on a blog by forum member Soaz, I found shots that illustrate how flexible the Fuso's frame is, even with a flatbed and camper bolted to it. This is Buckstopper, driving his camper through the crossed-axle test area at the recent Overland Expo meeting:

buckstopper-fuso-1.jpg

buckstopper-fuso-2.jpg

Notice how all four wheels stay in contact with the ground, and how far the camper sticks out past the cab as the vehicle travels across the bumps. It looks like Buckstopper chose the right height for the forward storage cabinet!

These are screen grabs from the original photos. Soaz's great gallery of photos from the Overland Expo is here: http://soaztim.blogspot.com/2013/05/overland-expo-2013.html

kerry

Expedition Leader
It seems like an awful lot of that flex is coming from the frame and not the suspension. I agree it's scary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears