Moab Gathering Nov. 2-4 2007

Willman

eurorom said:
Do we need to have sliders for the trails you are planning on doing?:oops:

You have a sweet 80 and you don't have sliders:shakin: ...J/K

Being Moab...it would be a good thing!

One of us can provide an extra spotter for ya for a small fee........

Willman

Updated the list!

Attendee List:
-Willman
-durango_60
-Oldsven (coming for Seattle!)
-durangodds
-Uticon
-Jacket
-devinsixtyseven
-Rubi-Khan (Tentative)
-Moody
-rhodos
-nickt
-Hayes
-ckkone
-Rexsname
-BogusBlake

If your name is not bold, I need you to check in and get your Emergency contact infor. just incase.

Thanks guys!

:D

Last edited:

Uticon

Adventurer
I just saw your guys plans and would love to join you.
My wife asked me why i would want to go to Moab 2 times in one month.
She obviously doesnt know the best was to enjoy Moab.

I saw the original plans but if sombody wanted to update me on exactly what was going on id love to know.

Id be into camping, not sure about the wife, but i think its going to be to cold for my 2yo.

Willman

Uticon said:
I just saw your guys plans and would love to join you.
My wife asked me why i would want to go to Moab 2 times in one month.
She obviously doesnt know the best was to enjoy Moab.

I saw the original plans but if sombody wanted to update me on exactly what was going on id love to know.

Id be into camping, not sure about the wife, but i think its going to be to cold for my 2yo.

Welcome to the ExPo!

Plans are on the first post.

Love to have ya!

:)

Moody

Needs to get out more
Just spoke with Willman a few moments ago, and made some minor changes...

Okay, here's the lowdown:

CAMPSPOT has CHANGED​
-We are going to camp down Kane Creek. It is a free area, that will allow for plenty of space, and gets us away from town (which is what we like, right?).

DIRECTIONS​
-At McDonalds in town(the only one), there is a light, that road is Kane Creek Blvd. Turn down that road, and follow it until it comes to a "Y" where you will stay left.
-Follow this road awhile, and you will pass some trailers, some camping spots, etc. on the right and left.
-After about 2-3 miles, the road turns into dirt.
-Keep going.
-And going. You will pass "amasa back" aka the cliffhanger trail on the right.
-You should take caution, as this road has some steep cliffs on the sides, and could be a problem if you are one who likes to drive really fast on dirt roads.
-Keep going until you come to a water crossing. It isn't very deep (usually) but it is significant; you will know you have crossed it. (It will MAYBE be 3-4" deep)
-Keep going.
-After another mile or so, there is a sign on the right side of the road that says something like "Camp only in designated areas" or the like.
(We should post a sign right there or something to indicate being on the right path?)
-Keep going, and after coming up a gradual incline, in drops down again, and if you go too far, there is a second water crossing.
-The spot we are shooting for is maybe 30 yards before the second water crossing, on the right. It is nice and open.

alternative plan: If that spot is taken, continue through the 2nd water crossing, and immediately hang a left. There are plenty of good spots back in there.

I am going to try and get GPS coordinates of the spot to post up.

Rexsname

Explorer
Ok, we had intended on arriving Friday afternon and checking into our motel but with a Friday morning run in the works, plans have changed. Chet, (father-in-law) and I will be there at 0900hrs to wheel on Friday.

We can check into the motel later on in the day and then go get something to eat. Do you anticipate this being an "all day" run or more likely a mid afternoon return? We will be inbound from Prescott leaving at an obcene hour to arrive on time.

REX

Rubi-Khan

Observer
Moody said:
Just spoke with Willman a few moments ago, and made some minor changes...

Okay, here's the lowdown:

CAMPSPOT has CHANGED​

Are there any pit toilets in this area? If not, what are we required to bring to meet the area potty rules?

Moody

Needs to get out more
Rubi-Khan said:
Are there any pit toilets in this area? If not, what are we required to bring to meet the area potty rules?
It does not have pit toilets. I have a Pett toilet I will be bringing, and I know Willman will bring one as well. If you have one, it would be a good idea to bring it along.

When I was down there 2 weeks ago, we had 5 tents setup, and the ranger just wanted to see we had one...

Rubi-Khan

Observer
Moody said:
It does not have pit toilets. I have a Pett toilet I will be bringing, and I know Willman will bring one as well. If you have one, it would be a good idea to bring it along.

When I was down there 2 weeks ago, we had 5 tents setup, and the ranger just wanted to see we had one...

If I can make it, I guess I'll have to find room for mine....... a 5 gallon bucket with trash bags. LOL

Willman

Rubi-Khan said:
If I can make it, I guess I'll have to find room for mine....... a 5 gallon bucket with trash bags. LOL

Better than nothing......Wag bag and a 5 gallon bucket works good!

:shakin:

ckkone

Explorer
I'm in!

I'll be pulling into camp late on Friday (I have to work until 7p) and leaving on Sunday night.

Would you recomend Hells Revenge for someone without much offroad experience? I've been to Moab once before and ran Kane Creek and Fins and Things in my Tacoma. If not, or if anyone else didn't want to run Hells I would be up for Poison Spider or Fins again.

Moody

Needs to get out more
ckkone said:
I'm in!

I'll be pulling into camp late on Friday (I have to work until 7p) and leaving on Sunday night.

Would you recomend Hells Revenge for someone without much offroad experience? I've been to Moab once before and ran Kane Creek and Fins and Things in my Tacoma. If not, or if anyone else didn't want to run Hells I would be up for Poison Spider or Fins again.
Hells Revenge isn't overly difficult...all of the hardest obstacles that make it really diffcult are bypassable. Just be prepared to drag that nice Slee bumper over the rocks!

ckkone

Explorer
Moody said:
Hells Revenge isn't overly difficult...all of the hardest obstacles that make it really diffcult are bypassable. Just be prepared to drag that nice Slee bumper over the rocks!

Sweet so Hells Revenge it is!

Moody

Needs to get out more
Maybe we could mark the campspot with some of those glowsticks or something? Those of you who will be there before me could pick some up in town...???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears