My Fuso4x4

Ultimark

Yes, good luck with the build.

The only thing I would be concerned about, is the placement of the rear spare wheel. It is really well back and with the centre of the wheel at around 2460mm from the ground, it really is high. In Australia it wouldn't be legal as it is past 60% of the wheel base. Wheelbase is 3415 x 60% = 2109mm.

My preference if at all possible is to have very heavy objects as low as possible. To that end our Isuzu NPS 300 has both spare wheels underneath or attached to the chassis rails.

Would it be possible to move the battery container on the left side slightly forward, and possibly move the fuel filter either forward, or maybe higher, or somewhere else. This may leave you with enough room to side mount the second spare wheel. This is what we did to our truck. It has been very successful, but I know this may not be possible with your build.

Attached is a picture where you can see both of our spare wheels. The wheels are 940mm in diameter, and our tray is 2200mm wide.

Mick.

Bogged_Little_Desert_May_2021_001P1050807_Web.jpg

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
My solution was to shorten the habitation sufficiently to put the spares on the rear within the 60% allowed, move the North-South bed to over the cab with a "pop-top" (just over the bed) and have the seating at the rear with a huge picture window.
I find many layouts to be claustrophobic.

NOTHING on the roof except solar panels.
A vehicle this size deserves a shower and toilet.
Overhang.jpg

P1090783.JPGP1020938E.jpg
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

BigSkyBrad

Surely your spare wheel only needs to be high enough to clear the departure angle?

How many litres of fresh water, and where will the tank/s be placed? Remember that the front axle load limit is only 2800kg, so it is not good to have them too far forward - in cab-chassis form, there is already 1900kg on the front axle. Because of where I placed my tanks (300ltr - 300kg), there is now 2500kg on the front axle - l should have placed them further back towards, or above, the much higher rated rear axle. Placing the tanks past the rear axle can create different problems, especially road handling issues, as will high mounted spare wheels.

Figure out all your heavy items and work out your layout around them. That's why all the European camper manufacturers that build with Fusos put the lightweight bathroom at the front of the box.

1686839554342-1-1-1-1.png

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-07 at 09.52.56.jpeg
Well, by design I have the same problem as you, I take them here in the blue zone and also over 270 liters, but due to needs I can't find another location.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
As nice as your layout looks, I too would have concerns about the weight over the front axle, as it seems that you have quite a bit of weight in the front half of the camper.
If you exceed you front axle weight the camper will be illegal and it will likely be very hard to fix once it's all finished.
In my opinion, you need to be very certain about your weights before you fully commit to this design.

BigSkyBrad

That is Blissmobil's generic 13/15/17' layout, for vehicles such as MAN, Unimog etc that have a much higher rated front axle than the Fuso.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
And... if your questions in other posts are anything to go by, you are intending to fit a winch to your truck too.
If that's to go on the front, the winch cradle plus the winch itself will probably add at least another 100kg to the weight over the front axle.
You have not mentioned where your house batteries and electrical equipment will go either. There is quite a bit of weight in that gear too.
It all adds up...

I have a colleague who has just finished his Fuso and has given him a total of five thousand or so, I am going to be about 400kg above, here in Spain the truck is weighed by axles but it is added and divided by axles without exceeding the 6500kg, so due to the legal issue I am covered, but nevertheless I am going to relocate the clean water tank instead of one I am going to put two separately and the closest to the rear axle simply for driving, thanks guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior