My Fuso4x4

BigSkyBrad

6500kg / 4 = 1650kg. -- but it is not that simple.

I have already been through the certification process to convert to single rear wheels in the UK. The UK uses the same regulations as the EU, because trucks from UK travel through Europe and vise versa.

Upon certification, a new weight plate is issued for the truck. The weight plate is the plaque that shows the GVM (MAM) and the axle load maximums. My truck has the plate attached to the rear wall in the cab behind the drivers seat - yours should be in the same position because both your truck and mine were built in Portugal.

The front axle weight needs to remain at 2800kg. The rear axle needs to be down-rated to 3900kg to correspond with the minimum tyre load rating that will maintain the 6500kg GVM, and the 10,000kg train weight (for towing up to 3500kg). So, 2800kg + 3900kg = 6700kg - this is good as there is 200kg spare 👍. The new weight plate will show the rear axle weight to be 3900kg.

The minimum tyre load rating for an axle of 3900kg is 131 - luckily this is the rating for the tyres you have spoken about, Radar Renegade 37x12.5R17-131Q. The rating of 131 corresponds with 1950kg -- 1950 x 2 = 3900.

This means that the wheel also has to have a minimum load rating of 1950kg to be used on the rear axle. For the certification process, the wheels will need to have been certified by the manufacturer (TEJ) to have a weight load rating of at least 1950kg per wheel to operate on European roads. You will need proof of this certification.

I hope all this will translate well to Spanish for your understanding. Converting to single wheels is an expensive exercise to get wrong.

BigSkyBrad

Do you know what weight loading TEJ have certified each wheel for (in kg)? I would be interested in buying a set of wheels.

They are 17 x 10, correct? Do you know the offset (ET in mm)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior