My Fuso4x4

Howard70

Adventurer
We’re now on our 2nd US Fuso based camper (EarthCruiser) and both have the spares vertically on the rear. I never thought much about alternative placements and was happy. However, we then took a 6 month, 16,000 mile wander about the northern half of Australia in an Iveco Daily 4x4 with the spare mounted horizontally forward of the passenger (port - it was Australia) rear tire. I definitely preferred that placement - much easier to remove & replace and the whole system of bracket, crane & supports probably weighed a quarter of what our vertical rear mounts weigh. Personally, if I was designing my own truck now I would explore a below the house horizontal mount within the vehicle’s wheelbase.

The system on the 2016 Iveco Daily 4x4 we were driving was completely stock from the factory and could likely be purchased from an Iveco parts dealer. It was designed for 37x13” tires on 17” rims.

Howard

We’re now on our 2nd US Fuso based camper (EarthCruiser) and both have the spares vertically on the rear. I never thought much about alternative placements and was happy. However, we then took a 6 month, 16,000 mile wander about the northern half of Australia in an Iveco Daily 4x4 with the spare mounted horizontally forward of the passenger (port - it was Australia) rear tire. I definitely preferred that placement - much easier to remove & replace and the whole system of bracket, crane & supports probably weighed a quarter of what our vertical rear mounts weigh. Personally, if I was designing my own truck now I would explore a below the house horizontal mount within the vehicle’s wheelbase.

The system on the 2016 Iveco Daily 4x4 we were driving was completely stock from the factory and could likely be purchased from an Iveco parts dealer. It was designed for 37x13” tires on 17” rims.

Howard
hat entire area is full

We have not weighed it, but the Fuso in the photo with cell is around 5200/5300 with full tanks, we share the same chassis.

It's too late . but today if I had to repeat it I would do it with an aluminum structural profile and reduce the weight.....but as I say it is too late.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I have no idea, but I understand that it is not valid for a vehicle with more than 6500kg
Just a thought, but if these are the rims you plan to use on your own truck, you might want to know exactly what their technical specifications are.
I know that I would want to know this.

Just a thought, but if these are the rims you plan to use on your own truck, you might want to know exactly what their technical specifications are.
I know that I would want to know this.
They are manufactured for more than 6500kg, that is enough for me and the engineer,at the moment I have not yet approved it and I don't know if I need any manufacturer's information, etc.
They have been manufactured according to European E.T.R.T.O. regulations. With which
They will comply with European regulations regarding weights, etc.
I use a translator, I don't know if the exact question is, are they made specifically for the Fuso? The answer would be if they were manufactured expressly for Fuso according to weight regulations.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior