New Sportsmobile on Order

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
DSCN0584.jpg

American Racing Punisher Rims with Teflon Coating -Good for cooking eggs in the desert.

DSCN0685.jpg

Aluminess Front Bumper in Place

DSCN0689.jpg

Alminess Rear Bumper

DSCN0690.jpg

Aluminess roof rack with dual solar panels

DSCN0687.jpg

Fridge Progress

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Great looking build..
Keep us posted on the likely finish date when you will pick it up so any of us in the area can meet up with you on the trip home.

Trail Monkey

Nice looking roof set up. Putting anything else up there?

The roof rack for me is intented to protect the penthouse top and secure the solar panels and antennas. I had aluminess build the rack very low profile with the lower rails coming down to help protect the sides of the roof a bit. So the design is not ideal for alot of gear, but will hold anything if needed. My plan is to keep it unloaded. I may possibly install a pelican box at the rear center of the rack. it would be a fairly slim one in height, and i would use it for some recovery gear seconds and a basic first aid kit. this in the event of a major accident perhaps it survies and is more accessible than something in the truck. or in the event of needing recovery gear from the bumper storage areas and those not being accessible, perhaps the roof storage will prevail at that moment..

Trail Monkey

Keep us posted on the likely finish date when you will pick it up so any of us in the area can meet up with you on the trip home.

Sportsmobile is shooting for the 22nd as a completion date. Howver with that being so close to the holidays and not written in stone, Im opting to probably pickup the truck around the 7th of Jan. Im debating flying out for a day to check it out around the 22nd.

Once i get the truck we have 3 weeks of exploring planned from CA to AZ. Still in the air a bit on the track, but looking to possible visit on trial with jbrandon, redline, and xjmike so far. We are working out those details. Ultimately when i get back to AZ ill look forward to 1leglance and others in the area kicking the tires.. And im sure by then ill have big eveny for lance's
extended body, and full top.

surfgeek33

Adventurer
I would suggest to stay close to SMB on the first couple of days of your shakedown. Just incase there are any issues that may arise with the build.

Chris

Adventurer
If your plans include So. Cal, call ahead I'd love to see it and maybe even do some dirt with ya.

Chris

:ylsmoke:

Trail Monkey

If your plans include So. Cal, call ahead I'd love to see it and maybe even do some dirt with ya.

Chris

:ylsmoke:

Thx Chris. Looks like Central CA, were going to try Yosemite and Sequoia based on the weather Jan 7th. Then work our way towards DVNP and then into AZ..

Trail Monkey

DSCN0728-1.jpg

DSCN0729-1.jpg

Cant wait to use the new Garmin 640

DSCN0730-1.jpg

The fridge will get a vent in the front of the cabinet to breath. And the fridge top will get a custom cover for food prep when closed.

DSCN0731-1.jpg

DSCN0732-1.jpg

The grill will be changed out for a black one. No chrome for me.!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan