Notice: Fuel can ban starting January

jcbrandon

Explorer
I ordered a couple of red 20-liter cans from British Pacific earlier this week. Got an e-mail response that they are on the way. Also a couple of blue 20-liter water cans to be sent soon.

I'm think Garrett Wade no longer carries Wavian cans. They are not shown on their website.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I called British Pacific yesterday wanting to buy some 20L blue water cans but they told me they are all gone :-(

jcbrandon said:
I ordered a couple of red 20-liter cans from British Pacific earlier this week. Got an e-mail response that they are on the way. Also a couple of blue 20-liter water cans to be sent soon.

I'm think Garrett Wade no longer carries Wavian cans. They are not shown on their website.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Redline said:
I called British Pacific yesterday wanting to buy some 20L blue water cans but they told me they are all gone :-(

Same with Martyn as of yesterday.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I too have been preparing for this. I believe we have what would qualify as a "Lifetime" supply. We just received another shipment of eight 20l cans from Expedition Exchange. Also included were several nozzles.

These will be left in the boxes they were shipped in until they are needed. I think we have a good assortment to choose from and I would like to thank Jon and Ho from EE for giving us (My family) the heads up about this months ago.

I'm quite certain, that you guys will be "Wedco's Dealer of the Year" after this thread. Get 'em while they're hot.

TeriAnn

Explorer
Redline said:

British Pacific will continue to sell water cans (they are just currently out of stock), spouts for jerry cans, replacement lid gaskets and carriers. They also intend to continue selling CARB compliant 20L cans.

However they will cease sale of fuel jerry cans December 31. They were hit big time with fines for selling CARB noncompliant cans to California residents when the CARB regs first took affect and at $500/can fine for the new regulations that don't want to take ANY chances.

Last time I talked to them they had 20L and 5L cans still in stock. They are out of 10L cans. These are new cans, not surplus used ones.

I tend to make more use of the 5L cans. I usually travel with one filled with 90 wt (I own a Series Land Rover), one with anti freeze, one with parts cleaning solvent and an empty one to carry used solvent.

British Pacific jerry cans

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Thanks for the tip TeriAnn, I will likely buy some water cans later.

TeriAnn said:
British Pacific will continue to sell water cans (they are just currently out of stock), spouts for jerry cans, replacement lid gaskets and carriers. They also intend to continue selling CARB compliant 20L cans.

However they will cease sale of fuel jerry cans December 31. They were hit big time with fines for selling CARB noncompliant cans to California residents when the CARB regs first took affect and at $500/can fine for the new regulations that don't want to take ANY chances.

Last time I talked to them they had 20L and 5L cans still in stock. They are out of 10L cans. These are new cans, not surplus used ones.

I tend to make more use of the 5L cans. I usually travel with one filled with 90 wt (I own a Series Land Rover), one with anti freeze, one with parts cleaning solvent and an empty one to carry used solvent.

British Pacific jerry cans

Bighead

Adventurer
I just ordered 4 x 20L, 4 x 10L and 2 spouts from EE. I was going to order more cans for generator support in a few months...this just forced my hand a bit.

TeriAnn

Explorer
I just got off the phone with British Pacific. They are out of 20L nato style jerry cans but still have 10L and 5L NATO style cans left in stock.

I imagine that the 5L size could be adapted to bikes with custom panniers and look pretty cool on an expedition bike.

As of today they are running a close out sale on the 10L cans, $39.95 for a 10L can plus a 10L can holder. While I like the 5L cans for things like solvent & 90wt, I prefer the 10L cans if I need to put fuel on the roof rack. The 10L cans are a lot easier for me to lift on & off AND they have a lower profile than a 20L can on its back for decreased wind resistance.

10lcanwholder.JPG

NATO style jerry cans

slooowr6

Explorer
TeriAnn said:
I just got off the phone with British Pacific. They are out of 20L nato style jerry cans but still have 10L and 5L NATO style cans left in stock.

I imagine that the 5L size could be adapted to bikes with custom panniers and look pretty cool on an expedition bike.

As of today they are running a close out sale on the 10L cans, $39.95 for a 10L can plus a 10L can holder. While I like the 5L cans for things like solvent & 90wt, I prefer the 10L cans if I need to put fuel on the roof rack. The 10L cans are a lot easier for me to lift on & off AND they have a lower profile than a 20L can on its back for decreased wind resistance.

10lcanwholder.JPG

NATO style jerry cans

Do you have to call them to get the deal? I can't find info on this special on their website.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
TACODOC said:
I saw this coming so no worries here :ylsmoke:

Same here. I got a pair of the Scepter cans earlier this year from Quadratec just before they stopped shipping to CA.

Now I have gotten caught up in the frenzy and went ahead and ordered two of the Wedco 10L cans from Expedition Exchange for a the roof rack (shipped to PHX). I wanted a few smaller cans to add to the big 20L Scepters.

-m

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Also, I was at the Boulder Army Surplus down on Pear St and they have two the Treibstoff German Cans in black, with the tags and sticker. They were in fair condition. They were more expensive than the Treibstoff cans normally are at $24.95, but the prices are only going to go higher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online