Notice: Fuel can ban starting January

With this news does this mean that those who have Scepter and Wedco's after the ban can double the price and still sell them?:D

in theroy that is.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
That is indeed how the laws of supply and demand work. I have already seen a brand new OD scepter on ebay for $90.

Perhaps a new thread should be started about shops and surplus stores that carry scepter gas cans in Canada and mexico. I mean all … someone has to … do … be right back.

TeriAnn

Explorer
I just got off the phone with British Pacific (11:20 Pacific time).

All they have left to sell is six 5L jerry cans. The 10 & 20L cans are gone

Today is the last day they will be selling jerry cans
when these 6 cans are gone or when it is 4PM Pacific time today they are gone​

I'm surprised that they have any left! Five liters is about 1.3 US gallons which I find to be a perfect size for those odd & end fluids such as:

• chain saw oil
  • Coleman stove fuel
  • motor oil
  • gear oil
  • antifreeze
  • solvent
  • spare fuel for an outboard motor for boating
  • carry on fuel for dirt bikes, ATVs & snowmobiles
  • anything that requires mixed 2 cycle fuel

When I go on trips I always carry four 5L cans on my roof rack.

- One for 90 wt, I own a Series Land Rover

- One with anti freeze, I've been known to forget to turn the switch back on for my electric fan after water crossings with predictable old faithful results.

- One for cleaning solvent, important for those field repairs where you have to open something up and clean out metal chips or just clean things up

- An empty one for used solvent or other fluids, Just because I try to tread lightly

And when I carry a chain saw, one can for 2 cycle gas.

Paul 3

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0011
I know I saw a picture of the old v. new Wedco 20L water can here on the E.P. Has anyone heard the latest on if/when they might be on the market? :coffee:

Paul

Layonnn

Adventurer
I know I saw a picture of the old v. new Wedco 20L water can here on the E.P. Has anyone heard the latest on if/when they might be on the market? :coffee:

Paul

check expedition exchange dot com.
I got mine wedco 20L non carb ones from there for about 45 a piece. THis was a couple months back though.

Paul 3

check expedition exchange dot com.
I got mine wedco 20L non carb ones from there for about 45 a piece. THis was a couple months back though.

I originally bought my Wedco fuel cans there a couple years ago, should have bought a few of the water cans at the same time. Seems like the water cans are no more...with the non-carb fuel cans soon to follow.

There is a photo of the new blue water can posted here on the portal. It has a much bigger mouth than the older version. I would assume that is to prevent somebody from trying to use it as a fuel can...no nozzle will fit. It is the new water can that I'm trying to find.

Paul

TeriAnn

Explorer
There is a photo of the new blue water can posted here on the portal. It has a much bigger mouth than the older version. I would assume that is to prevent somebody from trying to use it as a fuel can...no nozzle will fit. It is the new water can that I'm trying to find.

As you noted, the style on the right appears to be largely out of production.

widemouthwatercan.JPG

However British Pacific carries the larger mouth style on the left and can holders for mounting them on your vehicle or roof rack.

Water cans, holders & CARB fuel cans

luk4mud

Explorer
A quick question about fuel cans...

Has anyone used one of these motorcycle cans for vehicle use?--

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/188/1480/ITEM/Rose-Racing-Omega-Utility-Jug.aspx

Or-

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/188/7342/ITEM/LC-5-Gallon-Utility-Jug.aspx

Although I don't own these types of containers, they seem like they'd be a great alternative. Filling hoses, caps and O rings are readily available.

Opinions?
I have one and don't like it at all. It takes forever to get 5 gallons outta the thing. I usually just take the cap/ spout off and use a funnel to fill my bikes. As lousy as they are, I use my blitz cans with an aerated screw in spout to fill my bikes. It is actually faster.

Paul 3

However British Pacific carries the larger mouth style on the left and can holders for mounting them on your vehicle or roof rack.

Thanks for the info. I found B.P. while searching the net about a week ago. I've got an order in for a couple of the new cans! :wings:

Signcutter21

Adventurer
Ditto on the surplus stores.

Found a store this last weekend out in Stanton, TX. It's in the middle of no where in middle of the state. Way cool place. Tons of old jeeps, trailers and other odd and ends in the owners private collection. They had Nato fuel cans w/ ss spout for $39 and some scepter fuel cans for around $16 or so. If I hadn't just ordered water and gas cans, I would have bought a few. Did get the nato spout for $7 and a cool new canvas tool bag for $15 though.

later,mike

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
I ordered (2) of these a month or so ago:
NS885.jpg

They shipped to California w/o any issues and don't worry, the yellow paint comes off very easily by wet sanding. (I think they had to paint them to meet some regulatory issues).

Here is the link: http://www.deutscheoptik.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1030

They still have these, I just ordered 4 and am pleased I was able to get the Swiss nozzle (larger diameter, better for diesel fuel) which they were temporarily sold out of... I may order 4 more in a months time or so though 8 of these cans it probably pretty significant overkill...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior