Opinion Please

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
Is this particular year, make and model rare or collectable?
If this vehicle is what you've always wanted, beat the guy up on the price and make it yours.. doesn't seem that difficult.

ThundahBeagle

Hey guys I noticed by the upper corner of the windshield there was clear sealant and rust forming where the water channel meets the roof. And when I arrived, I saw the owner take a can of R134-A. I asked him how the air conditioner works and he said perfect. Then he told me that he has driven this car all of the world and he has put a lot of money into it.

I did a carfax and it shows that he bought it from an auction as a flip. Which honestly I don't care, everyone needs to make money. But, I just didn't like the dishonesty.

How recent was this owner's purchase. That's key. If he bought it at auction 5 years ago and has traveled the world in it, then he's maybe not lying. If he bought it 2 months ago...meh.

Everyone does need to make money. Nut not everyone needs to throw money into the wind and fund somebody else's BS.

I'd look deeper, or get yourself a deep discount

ThundahBeagle

Just noticed the carfax...

Um...what KIND of roof damage? Are there hailstorm divots? Or was this a roll-over? Because from, side, roof, and other side damage (IF all in one event) indicates a front impact with subsequent roll, unless those damages are all at different times.

zimm

Expedition Leader
damage to the entire front and the roof... ******? unless your goal is to wheel it into the ground, walk.

zimm

Expedition Leader
there was a tsb on the tcase, where if it failed before 80000 or so they would cover it. something was shimmed wrong and it would cause vibrations. there are 20 years of scotch between me and that memory though. take it for what its worth.

Rudyesparza83

Well. I planned on buying and using it as a toy on the weekends with my kids. I will store it in a shipping container when not in use. (if I decide to purchase it).

I like that it already has the stage 3 icon/metaltech lift, arb front locker/air compressor. Slee rock sliders and Slee undercarriage protection.

I called the dealer and they said that it has been very well maintained and they confirmed on the last visit the transmission, flywheel and torque converter were changed. As well as the cooling system was flushed. (so a new tranny is. tempting too).

Someone also did the T-Lines with the HPS (hose kit)

Rudyesparza83

I don't understand why the ride height is flashing. Wasn't the system removed?
Yeah. There is no ride height system (suspension wise). It seems like they left the electrical portion in tact. I know it is a pretty extensive project to get that stuff out of the way (dash) to pull the electrical side of it.

But, I replaced the heater core in my TJ Rubicon and this can't be that difficult.

zimm

Expedition Leader
The system is under the hood. I didn't do anything special when I took mine off. No flashing lights. Maybe there was a fuse.

Rudyesparza83

The system is under the hood. I didn't do anything special when I took mine off. No flashing lights. Maybe there was a fuse.
Yes. I have also heard that you can just remove the fuse. I don't know if there is a better way to do this. But I have read that there are two different approaches.

Rudyesparza83

Hey Guys,

I found another one I’m gonna go look at. Lots of Lexus service records.
I don’t know about the victory bumpers. But those can always be swapped out.
2005 Lexus LX 225k miles. California Vehicle

Attachments

• IMG_0992.jpeg
    IMG_0992.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0990.jpeg
    IMG_0990.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0991.jpeg
    IMG_0991.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 11
  • lx1.jpeg
    lx1.jpeg
    345.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0993.jpeg
    IMG_0993.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0994.jpeg
    IMG_0994.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7645.jpeg
    IMG_7645.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10

HUMMER/Expeditions

Hey Guys,

I found another one I’m gonna go look at. Lots of Lexus service records.
I don’t know about the victory bumpers. But those can always be swapped out.
2005 Lexus LX 225k miles. California Vehicle
California vehicle term is very different per region,
A vehicle from Palm Springs compared to a vehicle from northern coastal region will be 100% different,
Also be prepared for 11 to 13 MPG fuel consumption 😉

that white Lexus is beautiful

HUMMER/Expeditions

I met this gentleman last week in Arizona wild life refuge,
He is from Germany traveling all over the world.
that Lexus you are looking at is made to last 1 million miles, it’s built quality is unmatched by any automaker.IMG_8302.jpegIMG_8303.jpegi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior