Pause overland trailer

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Wondering if anyone knows if there is a production line separation from the Pause and the other Palomino travel trailers, 5th wheels and truck campers? As these trailers have had the typical mass produced Forest River issues and there is a lot of them posted on social media.

I did work for a Dexter Chassis group mfger and all the Airstream chassis were totally separated from other brands.

Just worried that the mass produced mentally will carry over to the Pause line.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
2 things I didn't like about this, the queen bed has a shelf unit built next to it near the foot of the bed. Anything I'd buy will have to have a bed you can get up out of and walk around, I'm too old to shimmy out the foot of a bed having to toss all the covers on the little lady to get in or out!

The other thing is pretty obvious, the PRICE! I could get a much cheaper travel trailer, take it to the guys at Texas Metal and have them slam it!

Treefarmer

2 things I didn't like about this, the queen bed has a shelf unit built next to it near the foot of the bed. Anything I'd buy will have to have a bed you can get up out of and walk around, I'm too old to shimmy out the foot of a bed having to toss all the covers on the little lady to get in or out!

The other thing is pretty obvious, the PRICE! I could get a much cheaper travel trailer, take it to the guys at Texas Metal and have them slam it!
Same with us. That's just one reason we ended up working with Kingdom Camping to build a dual axle off road trailer for us. At $100k, it's not cheap, but it's comparable in specifications to an Xplore X195 with Stage III solar. It also has that walkaround queen size bed so many of us want. I need to search on Texas Metal to see what that's all about.

Treefarmer

Wondering if anyone knows if there is a production line separation from the Pause and the other Palomino travel trailers, 5th wheels and truck campers? As these trailers have had the typical mass produced Forest River issues and there is a lot of them posted on social media.

I did work for a Dexter Chassis group mfger and all the Airstream chassis were totally separated from other brands.

I'm also very interested to see how the bolted-together aluminum frame holds up over time on the off road. I hope there are Pause owners who come here with honest feedback about what they like and don't like about the different models.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Same with us. That's just one reason we ended up working with Kingdom Camping to build a dual axle off road trailer for us. At $100k, it's not cheap, but it's comparable in specifications to an Xplore X195 with Stage III solar. It also has that walkaround queen size bed so many of us want. I need to search on Texas Metal to see what that's all about.
Texas Metal is a Motortrend TV show, those guys slam all kinds of vehicles, motorcycles, trailers to Army trucks, I know it's a trend but I hate to see classic 57/55 Chevys cut up or 1950 Willy's, nothing is sacred to those guys!

CORVDealers

Yes, the Pause is its own production line in a separate plant. Was there this last week to look at it

Treefarmer

Lots of cool ideas I love but way too fancy for me. I don't need 90% of the build and that 90% is what makes it too fragile once you leave the WalMart campsite. Moving parts and overlanding should never meet.
People have lost sight of the old saying "everything you need and nothing you don't need". There are also a lot of people new to Rv'ing who don't know what they don't need.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
yeah, I bought a low mile '06 Rubicon in 2020... it had the ORIGINAL spare unused..... 5 tire rotation is a no brainer.
Thanks for the reminder.
I have 5 trailers, none have the same size tire as the others! I probably ought to think about changing that.

Looking at the chassis of the Pause. I like the Aluminum aspects. The members from what I can see from pictures and videos seem huge. Huck bolted aluminum chassis (Frame) sounds interesting. I believe there are advantages to a traditional welded chassis I just forgot what they are. Are the Huck bolts more like rivots or bolts with nuts? Are the black gussets carbon steel or aluminum ? I noticed the front third of the chassis steps down 8 " or so with Huck bolt gussets stacked ontop of each other. I understand it's likely do to that moRryde adjustable suspension. What is the ground clearance of those front A frame members when suspension is lowest and when at highest points? Wild chassis. If the gusset are Alum it maybe lighter then galvanized carbon steel but if they are carbon steel it is likely heavier.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Looking at the chassis of the Pause. I like the Aluminum aspects. The members from what I can see from pictures and videos seem huge. Huck bolted aluminum chassis (Frame) sounds interesting. I believe there are advantages to a traditional welded chassis I just forgot what they are. Are the Huck bolts more like rivots or bolts with nuts? Are the black gussets carbon steel or aluminum ? I noticed the front third of the chassis steps down 8 " or so with Huck bolt gussets stacked ontop of each other. I understand it's likely do to that moRryde adjustable suspension. What is the ground clearance of those front A frame members when suspension is lowest and when at highest points? Wild chassis. If the gusset are Alum it maybe lighter then galvanized carbon steel but if they are carbon steel it is likely heavier.
I belive the frame bracket are steel. I wonder about long term corrosion that might take place behind the bracket. Maybe it can't happen.

I assume they would have a barrier between the possible carbon steel gussets and the aluminum members. But what about Huck bolts (if carbon steel) going through the aluminum members. Does stainless steel have the same corrosion issues meeting aluminum like carbon steel?

I also noticed the wheels are mostly outside the box. Website says exterior width is 82". So assuming walls are at least 2.5 inches thick that is 77" interior width. That must feel a bit narrow inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior