Pics of your Bikes and Rides

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
This is the RAM mount I am using. It was an X grip, but I had to switch to this when my phone changed. I have never had a RAM Product let me down. I do have a safety strap around the mount, just to be sure.

View attachment 801274View attachment 801275View attachment 801276

If I was going to be doing really rough riding, I may out my phone in a pocket or tank bag. This mount also has little hooks I can put on the side if I so choose. When riding for adventure medics, I would usually put it in a pocket and bring the maps out when I needed to check routes. As with the technical rescue riding, you’re not focusing on the map anyway.
Awesome! Thank you!

nickw

Adventurer
I've attempted a ride 2x now, the 'Tour of Idaho', have not made it but not for lack of trying. Its ~2300 miles, 10 days to finish, all REMOTE hard (black diamond) singletrack in gnarly backcountry Idaho, several 10k foot peaks, lots of water crossings, sand dunes, rock gardens, bushwhacking trails, list goes on. It's set up kind of like a rally where you have set routes during a day, start and finish, no outside help and you can pick 1/2/3 person team. More people there are the harder the route gets. At the end of it all you submit GPS file for approval and "finisher" status. Days are anywhere between 270 - 180ish miles, D1 for instance is 250 miles and takes good riders 15 hours to complete.

Days typically start at 4-5am and end anywhere from 5 pm to 1 am.....

There are several sections that if you dump your bike off a sidehill, get hurt, get lost or have a bike problem....it's a 15+ mile hike to a gravel road that may see a car every 2 weeks and another 15 miles to a road that is who knows how far from a town of 500 people.

Bikes are pretty unique, need gear for incliment weather, bivvy, full suite of tools, SHOES (if you need to walk out), 200+ miles of range and one person on the team must have a chainsaw, 340 lbs all gassed up and is a nightmare to wrestle around singletrack:

1707866305158.png

1707866444649.png

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I've attempted a ride 2x now, the 'Tour of Idaho', have not made it but not for lack of trying. Its ~2300 miles, 10 days to finish, all REMOTE hard (black diamond) singletrack in gnarly backcountry Idaho, several 10k foot peaks, lots of water crossings, sand dunes, rock gardens, bushwhacking trails, list goes on. It's set up kind of like a rally where you have set routes during a day, start and finish, no outside help and you can pick 1/2/3 person team. More people there are the harder the route gets. At the end of it all you submit GPS file for approval and "finisher" status. Days are anywhere between 270 - 180ish miles, D1 for instance is 250 miles and takes good riders 15 hours to complete.

Days typically start at 4-5am and end anywhere from 5 pm to 1 am.....

There are several sections that if you dump your bike off a sidehill, get hurt, get lost or have a bike problem....it's a 15+ mile hike to a gravel road that may see a car every 2 weeks and another 15 miles to a road that is who knows how far from a town of 500 people.

Bikes are pretty unique, need gear for incliment weather, bivvy, full suite of tools, SHOES (if you need to walk out), 200+ miles of range and one person on the team must have a chainsaw, 340 lbs all gassed up and is a nightmare to wrestle around singletrack:

View attachment 819673

View attachment 819674
Well that sounds intense! Are you going to do it again this summer?
I'm guessing this is not the BDR route? This seems more challenging. I've heard the Idaho BDR is pretty fun too.

nickw

Adventurer
Well that sounds intense! Are you going to do it again this summer?
I'm guessing this is not the BDR route? This seems more challenging. I've heard the Idaho BDR is pretty fun too.
Much much more difficult than BDR route - I wouldn't say this is "FUN" in the traditional sense...the BDR route sounds like real fun :)

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Much much more difficult than BDR route - I wouldn't say this is "FUN" in the traditional sense...the BDR route sounds like real fun :)
Think I saw Dork in the road or Big Rock Moto do some YouTube videos about their trips there. Can't recall which. But sure made me wish there was more stuff like that closer to me. I've got about 3 hours or so of highway riding to get to anything similar.

nickw

Adventurer
Think I saw Dork in the road or Big Rock Moto do some YouTube videos about their trips there. Can't recall which. But sure made me wish there was more stuff like that closer to me. I've got about 3 hours or so of highway riding to get to anything similar.
I've got lots of great riding around me here but to get to the big mountain singletrack it's still a drive for me....but it's snowed in 9-10 months out of the year

MacNobody

I just love taking pictures of my bike!
9dcfc9f4ead5149a7755d13bc0626c37.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior