Pics of your VAN! Post up!

OnWalkabout

Window.jpegResized_20170407_104644(1).jpeg20170416_092449.jpeg

2016 Nissan NV 3500. The second photo shows the "solar awning" , which can be set at the angle needed. The last one shows the awning deployed. New tires coming. We're looking into lifting her. We use her for full-time living and long boondocking trips mostly out west. We've done all the modifications ourselves. It is a stock cargo van.

445 watts solar + 100 watts portable
300ah battery
4.2 cu ft fridge

Attachments

• Resized_20170315_103015.jpeg
    Resized_20170315_103015.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

illking

Observer
Awesome videos illking! U gotz some mad skillz there fo sure!

And that may be the happiest dog I've ever seen!

Thanks Dude! She's stoked for sure when camping so good to see her be herself, in the city she's kinda skittish and scared of cars and people.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
10zznki.jpg

Just a random weather & rig shot from 30 seconds ago.

Roaddude

Long time off-grid vanlife adventurist
How do you like the CTEK units? Don't hear a lot about them on here that I've seen, but they seem solid and like they solve a lot of other installation probs. . .

View attachment 409545View attachment 409546View attachment 409547

2016 Nissan NV 3500. The second photo shows the "solar awning" , which can be set at the angle needed. The last one shows the awning deployed. New tires coming. We're looking into lifting her. We use her for full-time living and long boondocking trips mostly out west. We've done all the modifications ourselves. It is a stock cargo van.

445 watts solar + 100 watts portable
300ah battery
4.2 cu ft fridge

sakurama

Adventurer
A few months back I bought a van with the plan to convert it and posted it up in this thread. Here's the ad from when I found it.

i-ZwQKFzw-X2.png

And a "before" photo.

i-SFXgSFZ-X2.jpg

And after several weeks with MG Metalworks and some new tires and wheels we took a family trip to Colorado:

i-Q9gBPCp-X2.jpg

i-tNrZ4nz-X2.jpg

Which greatly simplifies the whole process but I'm sure there's many of you who are thinking or planning to build a van much like I was for the past year and who are reading this thread for inspiration - much like I was last year. My entire build is documented in my thread: Not So Subtle E350 Shuttle. The van as I bought it would never have climbed this 13,000' four wheel drive pass in Colorado but with some time and money it is a very different beast indeed.

Gregor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears