Two Days Ago:
2778550262_f94ab4a5b6.jpg

Last edited:

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
4wd Vanny said:
camping2007059.jpg

KeyHoleFire031.jpg

My van hasn't seen too many trails during it's life, but it sure makes camping a little more comfy....

Man I have got to save up some cash for one of these...its the hippie bus I never had!

oldasme

great pictures.

Ours is not as cool as the SMB's and purpose built units. Maybe one day, I'll put together a better front suspension, then what we got. After a Ranger, 73 Bronco, 69 Wagoneer, I am really impressed in where you can stick a 4x4 van. You never feel like your going to go over backwards either. Way smoother then all those rigs down the highway too.:camping:

SanSimeonTripAugust07074.jpg

LosGatosCampingTrip074.jpg

Last edited:

T.Low

Expedition Leader
ujoint said:
l_a18394c45591aef5ce9974b12606df89.jpg

l_44fa158278f0b914bfa4a23a8c9e93f7.jpg

I'm in the middle of adding a bunch of goodies to the van and changin things up a bit, so I'll post more once all the upgrades are complete!!

Sinister, bro...just flat out Sinister. That is the coolest looking van I have ever seen. Traditionally, I don't like after market wheels a whole lot. Your wheels are killer. Love the wheel and tire combo, the stance, the color the whole bag of chips. Well done. Stout. Perhaps we could work out an arraingment for you to be design consultant on my van.

Here's what I got so far...

OK, so I can't post pics right now.

yeah, sweet van, bro.

JeepN95YJ

Adventurer
I miss my 1977 QuadraVan

I miss the van but not the gas mileage. It was a 1977 with 460 and a C6. Had two gas tanks, a 25 gal and a 16 gal. My safe range was only about 200 miles. Had nearly 300K miles on it when I let it go. The previous owners bought it new and had taken it all over the US, including FL and AK!

versallies07-2003-015_145.jpg

Fishenough

Creeper
Here's my van that I just sold, so many backroad miles on her; good times. Upwards of 3000 - 5000 km's of monthly travels for the last two years (never a comutur vehicle), 90% of that waste oil powered.

IMGP0515.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
T.Low said:
Sinister, bro...just flat out Sinister. That is the coolest looking van I have ever seen. Traditionally, I don't like after market wheels a whole lot. Your wheels are killer. Love the wheel and tire combo, the stance, the color the whole bag of chips. Well done. Stout. Perhaps we could work out an arraingment for you to be design consultant on my van.

Here's what I got so far...

OK, so I can't post pics right now.

yeah, sweet van, bro.

Thanks! I appreciate the compliments! I'll be posting new pics soon, I'm adding & changing a few things. I'm always happy to help anyone I can with their van projects, that's why I made a 4wd conversion kit! Let me know if I can help you with anything. ---Chris

Clark

Observer
I'm always happy to help anyone I can with their van projects, that's why I made a 4wd conversion kit! Let me know if I can help you with anything

I can attest to that! He replied to well over 100 emails from me when I was doing my conversion. One of these I get around to completing it (I've just done the SAS so far), but I've been preoccupied with the interior.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Clark said:
I can attest to that! He replied to well over 100 emails from me when I was doing my conversion. One of these I get around to completing it (I've just done the SAS so far), but I've been preoccupied with the interior.

Why haven't we seen any pics of your rig yet??

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Mini Me SMB

Love all the vans; the VDubs, the cool Yotavans and Delicas, the old heavies, the Vanaconda, and of course the SMBs.

However, I went a little different direction.
Poptop062.jpg

Poptop080.jpg

TJOwyhee_001.jpg

WinthropToChelanBackroads48.jpg

Owyhee%20May08

Owyhee%20May08

Decided to get a midsize van. in February I brought home an '03 AWD Astro w/ 50k miles.

Lifted it with an Overlandvans 4-5" kit. Rancho 9000s adjustable shocks with indash remote and onboard aircompressor. Relocated shock tabs from under axle to behind axle for increased ground clearence.

Went from 27" stockers to 30.5" All Terrains, 4:10 gears w/ Eaton posi in rear.

Installed NP233c 2spd electronic shift transfer case from donor S10 Blazer.

GTRV pop top conversion w/ sleeper bunk.

Thule awning.

Other assorted goodies. Bumpers, straight axle swap, exterior shower, and interior are this winters projects.

Its been working very well for us. And its paid for.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears