Pics of your VAN! Post up!

katoom400

picking this up on Tuesday!

Let the work begin...first wheels and tires, remove running boards and setup interior for dirt bikes.

1FTNS24L63HB54749-2.jpg
h

Tree

Adventurer
Katoom, thats a very nice toy hauler you got their. Good luck with it and show us some pictures when you get that rig set up

katoom400

Thanks guys,

I'm sure I'm going to have a lot of questions for you about the quigley, I'm familiar with the Ford vans, but not the 4x4. I'm thinking I can fit 33" tires in there the way it sits, but don't know if that requires new wheels.

Thanks,

Andy

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks guys,

I'm sure I'm going to have a lot of questions for you about the quigley, I'm familiar with the Ford vans, but not the 4x4. I'm thinking I can fit 33" tires in there the way it sits, but don't know if that requires new wheels.

Thanks,

Andy

33's won't fit unless you cut the rear of the fenders. I would recommend an 8" wide wheel. I have a pic on my site that shows how my fenders were opened up. I've worked on quite a few Quigleys, and I can say that a set of Bilsteins will make a huge difference!

katoom400

I'de really like to avoid cutting the fenders and I don't want to lift it more as this will be my every day drivers. I just want to fill in the wheel wells so it doesn't look silly. right now it's only got 225 75/16's on it. what is the largest size I can go before more lift/cutting is nessesary?

funny you should mention the shocks, while driving on the highway I hit a series of potholes on a slight bend and the van got a bad case of what I call "death wobble" to the point where I had to slow to 30mph to get it to stop shaking. Hoping a dual stabilizer will help that. had the van up on a lift and everything seems tight...she's only got 55k on her, no play in the ball joints or wheel bearings although the driver side front tire is harder to turn than the passenger side, possibly brake caliper hanging up.

thanks for all the advice.

Andy

katoom400

possibly! mh 01 f250 would do it for a brief moment now and then, and my 03 e350 never did it. But I guess it's good to hear that it's common. now how to fix it? I'm sure larger tires are only going make it worse right?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I'de really like to avoid cutting the fenders and I don't want to lift it more as this will be my every day drivers. I just want to fill in the wheel wells so it doesn't look silly. right now it's only got 225 75/16's on it. what is the largest size I can go before more lift/cutting is nessesary?

funny you should mention the shocks, while driving on the highway I hit a series of potholes on a slight bend and the van got a bad case of what I call "death wobble" to the point where I had to slow to 30mph to get it to stop shaking. Hoping a dual stabilizer will help that. had the van up on a lift and everything seems tight...she's only got 55k on her, no play in the ball joints or wheel bearings although the driver side front tire is harder to turn than the passenger side, possibly brake caliper hanging up.

thanks for all the advice.

Andy

Death Wobble is a common issue with some Quigley's. A stabilizer won't do anything, it's a trac bar issue. Contact Quigley with the VIN # to see if they have a fix. I would say a 265 will be your max tire size without trimming.

deserteagle56

Adventurer
My 2007 Quigley came from Quigley with 17"x9" wheels and 285/70R17 BFG All Terrain tires - they are listed on the build sheet. Per BFG the tires are 32.7" tall. I don't believe my van is lifted any higher than any other, the wheel wells are not cut out, and I have had no clearance or rubbing problems.That's with the sway bar still connected - I've not yet tried to see how much more it articulates if the bar is disconnected. The only problem I could see was that the tires stick out past the body a bit so Quigley also installed flares all around and I installed extra large mud flaps on all four corners.

katoom400

calling quigley today to get info on the trac bar.

regarding the wheels, will 16" 8 lug wheels from a f-series truck fit?

deserteagle: Do you have pictures of your quigley?

Thanks,

Andy

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
My 2007 Quigley came from Quigley with 17"x9" wheels and 285/70R17 BFG All Terrain tires - they are listed on the build sheet. Per BFG the tires are 32.7" tall. I don't believe my van is lifted any higher than any other, the wheel wells are not cut out, and I have had no clearance or rubbing problems.That's with the sway bar still connected - I've not yet tried to see how much more it articulates if the bar is disconnected. The only problem I could see was that the tires stick out past the body a bit so Quigley also installed flares all around and I installed extra large mud flaps on all four corners.

I'm curious to see your wheel wells (front) because I've heard that Quigley has been modifying fenders. I've tried to put 285's on several, and it never works without trimming.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
calling quigley today to get info on the trac bar.

regarding the wheels, will 16" 8 lug wheels from a f-series truck fit?

deserteagle: Do you have pictures of your quigley?

Thanks,

Andy

When you call Quigley, verify your bolt pattern as well. The vans have an 8 on 6.5" bolt pattern from the factory, and Fseries (99 & up) have an 8 on 170mm pattern. So the answer is no, unless the wheels are coming from a pre 99 truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears